Photo

How to make good/decent player handouts?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ghaundan

Ghaundan

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Anyone have tips to make good player handouts? I love the ones FFG have made and wish to make similar things for my own players, but I'm not quite sure where to start looking. Any tips to be had? Tried looking around the forum.

#2 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

I'm not sure what you are asking- are you looking for page boarders? -clip art? I don't know where to get either of those things, other than to scan them and arrange them in Photoshop. But I guess if you had a good copier and a copy of Photoshop, you wouldn't be asking, so... sorry, no help from me.

#3 Ghaundan

Ghaundan

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

Anything I can use really, from good page boarders, fonts that look handwritten. Or any good resources when it comes to maps, most of the ones I've found have been focused on fantasy settings, not really what I wanted in my hive cities.

#4 darkforce

darkforce

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:44 AM

Well, the blank sheet in the "Disciples of the Dark Gods Web-enhancement" makes for very good background on a handout. Fonts, I'd have to look up later, which ones I have and actually use. Oh, and don't forget the "Thought of the Day" :D

As for maps: have you considered buying one of those battlemats or simply a big whiteboard and then draw your own stuff with markers? Then again, it would need some narrative to bring it to life, and it likely wouldn't achieve the quality of an official map.

#5 Laoin

Laoin

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

I would suggest to have a look at what the guys at DarkReign provide.

For example this very cool collection of Data-Slate and more:

http://darkreign.org...lates27-11-2013

#6 Ghaundan

Ghaundan

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

Thanks guys, I'll defineatly be brushing some dust off my Disciples of the Dark gods and the Dark Reign stuff looks like just what I need :D

#7 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:51 AM

I found a dataslate-template somewhere, which mostly just a picture/frame you can use in Word. Then you add text as needed. As an example, I made this slightly Out-Of-Game-But-In-Character handout to get feedback on my campaign.

Edited by Darth Smeg, 25 January 2014 - 07:01 AM.

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

#8 Brother Orpheo

Brother Orpheo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

Then you ass text as needed. 

Is this like burping the alphabet?

• Darth Smeg and Librarian Astelan like this

=][=

#9 Cogniczar

Cogniczar

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

Ha! That feedback form is awesome

• Darth Smeg likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS