How would you rank the heroes?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Kcall07

Kcall07

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:51 AM

I know S Glorfindel is ridiculously good, so does everyone. That's why I said blah, blah because it's so obvious. I was presenting an alternative argument as to why one of the original heroes is still the best (card number 1, no less.) And with respect I can like a character on whatever grounds I choose. When he is named specifically on more attachments then any other hero in the game I think it bears mentioning.

12 starting threat? Bring them on! Haha. It will take more then some blond ingenue to turn my head. My loyalty remains to the king of Gondor! :)
No man knows what the new day will bring

#42 servant of the secret fire

servant of the secret fire

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

Oh, a mortal King thinks he is equal to an Elf-Lord?Ask a Balrog's opinion on this matter :P .

Seriously now i wasn't trying make you change your mind about your favorite hero in my comment,i just thought wen i read the blah blah comment you meant that 5 threat cost wasn't a big deal(my English are bad so i may misunderstand people).

As for the attachments Light of the Valinor and unexpected courage have some words to tell you :P .

#43 chuckles

chuckles

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Yesterday I treid a mono tactics decks with a hero combo provided by -nebur-: Theoden, Thalin and Merry. Merry's ability is completely useless here, but still I managed to get awesome results. Related to spirit Pippin this means that sometimes you simply need a hero to provide a special sphere, some WP and not too much threat*. In this case, Pippin is the man of your choice.

* admittedly Merry sticks out in tactics with his low threat

This is true and its a good example... and if Spirit didn't have a number of other (and better, IMHO) low cost heroes I would agree, however; 5pt Glorfindel, 7pt Frodo, 7pt Eleanor, 7pt Fatty Bolger, even 8pt Caldara, 8pt Dunhere... makes this a harder sell

Edited by chuckles, 22 January 2014 - 05:56 PM.

"Do not believe him! He has lost all power, save his voice that can still daunt you and deceive you, if you let it."

#44 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Pippin makes you want to use Hobbit Pipes, but every time I include them in a deck I end up cutting them for something else...

edit: you know, would be fun to design a deck around the Pipes and threat-lowering events.  Lore/Spirit with Needful to Know and some scry to make it work, put in an elf for Elrond's Counsel, Galadhrim's Greeting, and Smoke Rings... Two hobbits and Spirit Glorfindel?

With Glorfindel, you can't use Pippin's ability.

#45 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Yesterday I treid a mono tactics decks with a hero combo provided by -nebur-: Theoden, Thalin and Merry. Merry's ability is completely useless here, but still I managed to get awesome results. Related to spirit Pippin this means that sometimes you simply need a hero to provide a special sphere, some WP and not too much threat*. In this case, Pippin is the man of your choice.

* admittedly Me
rry sticks out in tactics with his low threat

This is true and its a good example... and if Spirit didn't have a number of other (and better, IMHO) low cost heroes I would agree, however; 5pt Glorfindel, 7pt Frodo, 7pt Eleanor, 7pt Fatty Bolger, even 8pt Caldara, 8pt Dunhere... makes this a harder sell

In this situation i might try to take Pippin just so I don't have to worry about including 3 copies of Light of Valinor, but I would potentially take Frodo or Eleanor instead. With Eleanor, you have to choose between the cancel effect or using her for other tasks. That's not true with the hobbits.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS