Nightmare Dol Guldur Solo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Spurries

Spurries

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Has anyone come close to beating this solo?  If so with what deck?  I've tried a bunch of deck types and none really stand a chance.  2 Players i've come close before, but solo seems just impossible.

Thanks!

#2 Glowwyrm

Glowwyrm

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

I think solo is impossible.  I just picked up my first two wins over it this week with a mono-spirit and mono-tactics deck.  The only deck I would try it with is mono-spirit.  Only type that gives you enough willpower to overcome the starting encounter cards, can put lots of allies into play when its not the planning phase, can cancel nasty treacheries, and blitz through the nasty Dol Guldur locations.  The biggest struggle is getting rid of enemies, but I think if you had a really lucky run of encounter cards, it might be possible.

#3 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

I do it in 2 players game twice and it was crazy difficult. one of my friends make it solo but he was extremely lucky yes.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#4 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

it isn't possible to build a deck to beat this yet. You could win it if you played it and just was super lucky... but that would be all it was... luck.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#5 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

I won only 1 time. I built a deck with eowyn · elrond · mirlonde. 3 copies of Vilya and all the strong allies (uniques only 1 copy). You must have a lot of lucky, however. For example, the captured heroe must be mirlonde, and vilya has to be in first hand (or mulligan), and the first 3 cards in staging must be not so hard.

Yes, i know, you must have a lot of lucky, but it is possible, i did. In 13 rounds :), 163 final score.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#6 Aragorn son of Will

Aragorn son of Will

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

i'm trying

All's I need is Romans 1:16 to brag on my Lord,brag on my King.-Trip Lee

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS