wizard and troll,

wizard can psychic combat the troll for an auto win

troll can battle the wizard to pulp for auto win

both have 5 lives

wizard has/had golden statue,

troll is first to fight and must take statue as reward

wizard next, and must take statue as reward

ect ect ect

no one was willing to ditch the statue as that mean they would lose the life first and thus the game

#2 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

All other players lost.

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#3 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

If the Wizard can draw Spells, he might eventually be able to draw Shatter and destroy the Golden Statue held by the other. Most likely he'll be stuck with useless Spells.

So I would say the game is won by the two characters on the Crown, and others lose.

I avoid such stalemates by forbidding to take Objects or Gold when fighting on the Crown of Command, except by the use of Special Abilities and Spells. This also makes up for more meaningful and not overly long Crown fights. That's a house rule, though.

#4 Ocelot42

Ocelot42

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

Since a lot of things in Talisman are random by nature, I'd suggest to the two players involved that they roll dice and the lowest roller ditches the object on their next turn.

It seems like a fair way to resolve the situation.

#5 chemical22

chemical22

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

If it was me, I'd just settle for the tie and enjoy a well faught game.  I think that a random decider or quick house rule would just rob the loser of a good game played.

But hey that is me.

#6 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

Oh man - that's a tough one! :o 

Ocelot42 or chemical22? They both have their merits...is there a middle ground there anywhere?

DomaGB - can't you create a poll on this little discussion!!!!?

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

#7 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

:) Not my thing, I am not a rule expert and have no strong opinions. In fact I have asked my share of questions here myself...

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#8 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

In this case I would have to think about it in storytelling terms.

The characters are battling over the crown of Command here and not the Preety Shiny statue.  Whatever allure the statue has elsewhere, it would be casually tossed aside in the fight for the crown.

In this case the troll would have been the winner.

#9 chemical22

chemical22

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

In this case I would have to think about it in storytelling terms.

The characters are battling over the crown of Command here and not the Preety Shiny statue.  Whatever allure the statue has elsewhere, it would be casually tossed aside in the fight for the crown.

In this case the troll would have been the winner.

Or perhaps the dimwitted troll could not see passed "the shiny", but the clever wizard could. So first round the troll steals his shiny prize, the wizard takes advantage of this and instead attacks - this changes the tide and the wizard would be victorious.

Or perhaps make a house rule that each turn the player must roll 3 dice and score under their craft in order to ignore the idol.

I still would personally just enjoy the tie - but I like to read into things :)

Edited by chemical22, 31 January 2014 - 10:13 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS