• 390 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

He is actually fixing that already :P

#82 WinterSK

WinterSK

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:23 PM

I wish I would have found this forum sooner. I had thought about getting a tackle box as my Descent organizer. I decided to go with these Stanley cases instead. I will post pictures of how everything fits in them soon. 

Thin Stanley Organizer

http://www.amazon.ca...stanley storage

Thick Stanley Organizer

http://www.amazon.ca...stanley storage

I don't mind spending the 100+ dollars on organizing a great game if I can cut down on the time it takes to do the tedious parts of playing the game.

I really like the foam core ideas that people have posted. I would love to see more pictures of Some bigger foam core descent holders. I do think it is silly to try and keep everything in the original boxes, this game just grows too much. 

#83 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

I do think it is silly to try and keep everything in the original boxes, this game just grows too much. 

It's not silly ... it's impossible.  See "Newton's Law of Inverse Game Squares"  :D  :P  :lol:

#84 ProtoPersona

ProtoPersona

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

I do think it is silly to try and keep everything in the original boxes, this game just grows too much. 

It's not silly ... it's impossible.  See "Newton's Law of Inverse Game Squares"  :D  :P  :lol:

Care to explain that one to us laymen?

#85 Zaltyre

Zaltyre

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:32 AM

It's not that it's impossible to keep it in those boxes- it's that I don't really want to carry around 5+ boxes when I take Descent from one place to another. I'm looking into the possibility of keeping everything in a filing bin with hanging folders for the maps (as has been suggested) but also for the rules, the cards in little bags, and the minis can go in accordion folders (in other little bags.) I have the tokens and markers already in a plastic box that would just fit sideways in there.

#86 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

I am putting mine back into the original boxes, then carrying the boxes around in a larger plastic box - i think you folks in the US like to call them rubbermaids. My yellow sleeves are in the mail as we speak, once i have finished sleeving the rest of my cards i will finish off my card box and post some pics up !

#87 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

Here is a progress pic of the card storage box, there is a heap of room for expansions. Hero cards are under the lieutenant cards which i decided to keep in their zip lock bags for convenience. All the cards are in one of the big box expansions because i need the height in the base box for larger monsters and lieutenants. I will eventually buy some plastic card to separate each lot of cards as using the foamcore as dividers takes up too much space. Also while it does not look like there is alot of space left the card protectors are full of air, so if you give them light squeeze its easy to reduce the amount of space they take up by at least 30%. 4 stacks of lieutenant cards fits along the wider side there, i just pulled some out so the hero cards could be seen underneath. 

29gj1gm.jpg

Edited by BentoSan, 20 August 2014 - 08:41 AM.

• Carbini likes this

#88 Carbini

Carbini

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Oh man Bento, I like my Plano7771 but that looks so sleek with the foam:) nice one

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS