Unstoppable Lore card vs. Vigilant ability

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drasher25

drasher25

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

Hello! I hope someone can help with this one, because it keeps coming up.

The Unstoppable card lets an eliminated unit counter before it is eliminated.

Does this permit a counter vs. Riverwatch Riders, which have the Vigilant ability that says units cannot counter against them. 

Which ability wins, the unit Vigilant ability or the Lore card?  I might guess that a golden rule here would be that Lore cards override unit abilities in general, but I do wonder if this is the intent in this case.

Also, concerning Unstoppable, I assume that Blood Harvesters will roll at the strength they had before the attack?  So a BH unit with 2 figures would roll +1 dice on their counter, and a unit with 1 figure would roll +2?

Edited by drasher25, 15 January 2014 - 01:45 PM.

#2 Elliphino

Elliphino

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

I don't think you can counter attack River Riders with Unstoppable. My reasoning is that the lore card lets you use an action that you normally couldn't because you are eliminated. However, that action is ineffective against River Riders.

How have you played it?

The Blood Harvesters question is really interesting. But I can't think of a rationale for using any number other than the one you started with.

#3 drasher25

drasher25

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

I received a reply from FFG, and the official answer is that Vigilant trumps Unstoppable.  There can be no counters against Riverwatch Riders.

Edited by drasher25, 15 January 2014 - 07:26 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS