• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lovesaints

lovesaints

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

Hey all!

Last night my buddy dropped his magical item so he could pick up a treasure. If he chooses to do that does he discard with the object going back in with the other chits, or does the card get set off to the side with the object chit remaining on the board for another wizard to pick up?

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,539 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

Discarded objects remain on the board: the marker is placed in the square where the object was dropped, and the card is put on the side of the board, visible to all. Other wizards can pick up objects from the floor by simply paying one movement point.

I don't understand why you buddy had to drop an object to get the treasure. Treasures are hosted in the wizard's base and do not count against the limit of cards you can have (they are no card, after all). The only thing happening when you pick up an object is that your Movement & Cast phase ends.

Hope this helps

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 lovesaints

lovesaints

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

Oh, so what he should have done is pick up the treasure and then put the card back in his hand? Does the magical object only drop if he dies or if someone is able to steal it?

#4 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,539 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

Ok, let's start over again :)

When you play an item card from your hand (items cards are marked with a yellow light in the upper left corner), you put it in your play area, and it stays there (unless you discard it, which can be a volunteer act, or a consequence of using the item, such as per Large Rock). This card counts against your hand size of 7 cards, ok? When you play that item card from your hand, you take the marker and you put it on the card, not in your base.

Treasures are totally independant by all of this! When you pick up a treasure, you take the marker, you put it in your base, and you don't have to discard anything because it doesn't occupy "space" in your hand size.

When you decide to drop an item, you take the marker from the corresponding card and you put the marker in the square where you dropped it, and the card is removed from your play area and put near the board, away from all players.

A player picking up that object, simply spends one movement point while in the same square as the marker, picks up the card and adds it to his playing area, putting the marker again on the card.

Let me know if this is clearer

• lovesaints likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#5 lovesaints

lovesaints

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, OK that totally clears things up. Thanks for your help!

#6 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,539 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

Glad I helped :) Enjoy the game :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS