Measurement policy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kaltorak

kaltorak

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

Hi, in the old Diskwars game, as in almost every tabletop miniatures games it is forbidden taking measures before moving, activating abilities and do ranged attacks.

In the DW rules I don't find anything on this topic, which can be fairy important in tournaments. 

Any hints?

Thanks in advance

Umberto

#2 ClanNatioy

ClanNatioy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

You can measure range whenever you want.

This is covered on page 5 of the rulebook in the "Range" sidebar. Its at the top right of the page

• MechaBri.Zilla and Camelorn like this

#3 Ileopsoas

Ileopsoas

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

nowadays therr are only few games le ft that you can't measure

#4 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

I'm a defender of the "no pre measuring" in games that need measuring like Star Wars.

I think i'd fit in Diskwars too but if the rules allow pre measuring i'll us it.

Or maybe house rule it in the game and see how it goes.

#5 garhan

garhan

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Personally me and my friends are heaving couple policies in this game. First of all we call start and end movement.. so for units with mobile u need to call end of movement then u can mesure who u can shoot at..if at all. ( works for archers, mages, Sun Dragon etc.) Second is when u call shooting..at unit u mark it as active..then u can mesure. It works, and there is no more stupid arguments 'can i can't i etc..." . Third is movement in general when we stop movement..we stop..thats it ..no more can i flip one more..or sth. works like a charm for us but i know its kind of restricting.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS