Needin' Some Career Advancement Advice

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Mental-Mouse

Mental-Mouse

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

So, just starting playing with a group for this Edition of Warhammer and the GM has asked us as players to give him a plot out of the careers we would like to go through. So, while the Troll Slayer and Sigmarite Priest have been able to get him their desired paths, I am kinda stuck.

I have gotten as far as Mystic > Seer

And Than Flounder about in where to go from there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#2 thePREdiger

thePREdiger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

Witch!

#3 Crazy Aido

Crazy Aido

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:25 AM

Bahahahahahaha, you'll never survive past career two mate.

#4 Mental-Mouse

Mental-Mouse

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

Witch!

Would totally do that...but I think the priest would kill me.

And don't own the product that career comes in...

Bahahahahahaha, you'll never survive past career two mate.

But, I have a cunning plan! It involves a lot of running away.

Edited by Mental-Mouse, 13 January 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#5 No:12

No:12

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

Don't tell the bloody priest!

Just pretend you are still being all mystic and such.

Then go to necromancer, summon an undead army, then and only then, tell the priest.

#6 Mental-Mouse

Mental-Mouse

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

Do the PDFs come with the career sheets?

And which supplements would have those careers?

#7 thePREdiger

thePREdiger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

Witch Song has the Witch+ careers afaik

It is also a neat adventure - perhaps you wanna put together and buy it for your GM ;)

#8 Crazy Aido

Crazy Aido

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

There's some other rural careers like apothecary that might suit... They also help with not dying...

#9 Mental-Mouse

Mental-Mouse

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Witch Song has the Witch+ careers afaik

It is also a neat adventure - perhaps you wanna put together and buy it for your GM ;)

Sounds like a plan! currying favour with the GM is always a Good Idea...

There's some other rural careers like apothecary that might suit... They also help with not dying...

Might have to. With the party setup it looks Like Imma end up as group Healer.

#10 r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

Any of these could work for Mystic>Seer

• If you're a genuine, insightful mystic, consider Scholar or Investigator.
  • If you're a huckster or conman, you'd probably go into Charlatan.
  • If you're out on the corner shouting "The End Is Nigh" then consider Demagogue (and maybe Agitator before or after it)
    • or >Zealot>(Flagellant?)>(Prophet Of Doom?)
  • If you're going to be the group healer then look at Physician
    • with possibly BarberSurgeon or Apothecary thrown in there somewhere.

Edited by r_b_bergstrom, 18 January 2014 - 11:59 AM.

#11 Mental-Mouse

Mental-Mouse

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for all the Advice.

I'll try and use it all wisely...

And luckily(?) It Seems the GM owns just about everything for this Edition of the game.

#12 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

All ideas above are good ones, I thought I would add a few more thoughts.

If your character has moved a lot in the wilderness areas  you could consider scout and/or hunter as a fit. Also they give you a more combat oriented path (as they have Balistic Skill) if you don't feel like beeing a healer. These careers also fit well with Apothecary if you want some helaing abilities as well.

You could also take the Commoner career to enhance the feel that your character live a simple, rural life.

Lastly, you could consider transitioning into Apprentice Wizard (Celestial Order would fit well given that you can see the future already). This could be as your character realizes that he/she has magical talents, or you could first become a Witch, noticing and exploring your magical talent on your own for a while (secretly). Then deciding that you should join the Celestial Order as an apprentice.

#13 Preacherman

Preacherman

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

All ideas above are good ones, I thought I would add a few more thoughts.

If your character has moved a lot in the wilderness areas  you could consider scout and/or hunter as a fit. Also they give you a more combat oriented path (as they have Balistic Skill) if you don't feel like beeing a healer. These careers also fit well with Apothecary if you want some helaing abilities as well.

You could also take the Commoner career to enhance the feel that your character live a simple, rural life.

Lastly, you could consider transitioning into Apprentice Wizard (Celestial Order would fit well given that you can see the future already). This could be as your character realizes that he/she has magical talents, or you could first become a Witch, noticing and exploring your magical talent on your own for a while (secretly). Then deciding that you should join the Celestial Order as an apprentice.

Transitioning into wizard by the rules (aka without the GM saying you get all the freebies a rank0 character gets) is absolutely horrible gameplay-wise. Just sayin. If you do decide to go that route, an alchemist gold wizard would also be kinda neat I guess :)

#14 Mental-Mouse

Mental-Mouse

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

I'll have to ask the GM about it. He, seeming to be a just and reasonable man, might be ok with it.

Getting into one of the Wizard paths is something I've considered if I manage to make it past Seer.

Not looked into Gold Wizard, but as the character is an actual Vision Seeing Fellow (VSF) Celestial Wizard seems like

the best fit after fiddling around in Witch. (If I make it that far)

Doing ma' best to not get strung up, so, Good on that.

Not doing as well with the entire "Seeing what cannot be Unseen" as the two out of three times I've used magic sight, multiple chaos stars have popped up. Luckily nothing Horrid came outta it...

#15 jondifool

jondifool

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

mystic is absolutly the most obvious career for a wannabe magic user- that havent transisted into any apprentice wizard yet, if DM allows it.

Now i like to highjack this thread with  my own progression question

How does a Mercenary moves further?

I am kind of missing a mercenary sergeant role. It really looks expensive in terms of traits that there is nothing that comes with both combat and rogue among the advanced careers options, or am i overlooking something? Basic of cause have to be paid for and menial as well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS