New player, Starting deck list ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 junkyard

junkyard

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

Is there a list for the decks in the core game and is there a limit maximum or minimum for cards in deck. Ive watched the tutorial but it didn't seem to mention this ?

JYD

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

Is there a list for the decks in the core game and is there a limit maximum or minimum for cards in deck. I watched the tutorial but it didn't seem to mention this ?

JYD

The rule book has intro deck lists (both in the text and on the back cover). It also has the custom deck building rules. The short version (as I'm typing on my phone) is that you can use up to 2 copies of any objective set unless otherwise noted (such as Hit and Run).

#3 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

Deck building is pretty simple:

- Tournament decks have a minimum of 10 objective sets

- The maximum number of any individual objective set is two (unless the set states "limit 1 per objective deck")

- Some objectives have an affiliation card match. Those sets much match in order to be played

- You cannot mix cards with different backs; blue with blue (light cards) and red with red (dark cards)

If you only have 1 core, I suggest the decks as listed in the rules document. They only have 8 OSets - or Pods as they are often called - but they will let you get a feel for the game.

If you really like the game - which you will - then after the core, I would suggest getting a second followed my 2 copies of Edge of Darkness. It is the "natural" extension of the core - fleshing out the Scum & Villainy and Smugglers & Spies affiliations. After that, the Force packs are great, but the most number of "currently" playable decks are in those configurations.

Welcome to the machine!

#4 Yivrael

Yivrael

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

It takes a little while to build them at first..but just use the list in the rulebook and go from there.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS