• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

I haven't played Warhammer Diskwars, but I have played the original.  I'm not sure if the new version is drastically different, but the old Diskwars didn't feel very similar at all to me.  Diskwars feels more like an open, almost miniatures-like game to me, and combat strategies are very different.  Battlelore feels much more "wargame"ish, and requires a very different set of strategies.

I like both, though I haven't played Diskwars in awhile due to the army building setup time and just not having the space or time to organize my stuff lately.

#42 LongDarkBlues

LongDarkBlues

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

I've only played Battlelore 2nd Edition and Diskwars a few times each. There are a good number of similarities, and I like both of them, but I find Battlelore to be a more compelling gameplay experience. Hopefully there will be some expansion news soon - the amount of variability in Diskwars is much higher, surely due to being far cheaper to manufature a diversity of units. But - for real - let's get some new units, Battlelore 2nd Edition!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS