Wishlists for Heroes & Monsters Collections

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

not sure morph does take the abilties from the weapon - as far as i am concerned it only takes the dice...

i'm sure it's not, and thoses are not so  powerfull, usually they dies before having a chance to hit !

#82 PlainWhiteBread

PlainWhiteBread

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

I can concede that it may not take the weapon's abilities, but it's still powerful, especially when you can throw in OL cards to make it worse. Any OL worth their salt would do everything they could to allow the heavy hitters to make use of their attacks before dying and getting reinforced, be it by strategic monster placement during setup, OL cards or even Lieutenant Pack abilities.

I do suppose that the grass is always greener on the other side:
OLs complain Nanok is busted because he has a free surge, a black defense die and can no-sell one of the OL's attacks, a Treasure Hunter-class Silhouette can garner mad treasure in an encounter and earn monstrous amounts of gold using her Heroic Feat.

Heroes complain about monsters having abilities like Stealthy or Undying and having numerous monsters in a group with Fire Breath and high amounts of Pierce, or spending most of their heroes' turns to fell the Master Ice Wyrm in their path, only to have it immediately reinforce at the start of the OL's turn.

Neither side has it horrendously bad, but neither side has it overbearingly good, either.

#83 Krawallburste

Krawallburste

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:05 AM

well it has something to do with the heroes quickly evolving out of control of the overlord without doing anything more than bein present. 

kill them every quest - they loose interest in the game and whipe alot.

let them have 1 or 2 quests, they grow so hard out of control you can hardly do anything about it.

#84 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:16 AM

In my experience, they too often grow out of control, and cannot be stopped at all; alas

#85 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

In my experience, they too often grow out of control, and cannot be stopped at all; alas

This is true currently. However i feel this can be combated if the campaigns were made in such a way that gave the overlord more monsters to dish out pain with and/or make the objectives more difficult to complete as the act progresses. That would effectively help scale the overlords powers with the rise of the heroes abilities and gear. This could potentially make the game a bit more linear (unless there are a lot of quest choices for each step of the act(think LOR act 1)) - but it would definitely help this issue that does often arise. 

That said making a campaign balanced like that would be difficult and require a lot of play testing to achieve.

#86 Whitewing

Whitewing

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

In my experience, as overlord, I generally win the first few quests easily, but then towards the end of act 1 start losing. Then act 2 starts, I start winning again, and start losing towards the end of act 2. Whether or not I win the finale depends on quest order and how essential the ones I won/lost are.

#87 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:35 AM

Yup, hard decision but I'm going to sell my newly acquired D1E set. I'll just take the money and put it towards D2E stuff and be consitent from here on out. I might miss out on a hero or monster but I have a feeling the new stuff will make up for it.

Off to eBay or Craigslist now I suppose to roll the dice.  :/

Hopefully it still has some value now the remakes have been announced!

#88 kenshin192804

kenshin192804

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

Definitely number one for the wishlist is Nanok of the Blade cause he is definitely a pastiche to Conan the cimmerian which is one of my favorite fantasy characters. Lord Hawthorne and Red Scorpion would be awesome too.

#89 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:11 AM

I'm sure all the Conversion Kit heroes and monsters (IE, all the original 1E stuff) will be released through these packs.  It seems the intent is to allow those who didn't have 1E to get access to them (with some minor changes for balance or whatever).

I only wish the quests were made available separately for those that didn't need the minis.

#90 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

I don't think so. Most likely there will be 7 up to 8 boxes with all monsters but some heroes will be lost (1 healer, 2 scouts, 5 mages and 8 warriors) and most likely, because of the new design line, the "non humans" ones would be lost, and I'm really ashamed about this.

Now, I can't wait to see the new Challara and her new heroic feat, Ispher (even if I don't think he will come back), Steelhorns, and Vyrah

Edited by rugal, 18 May 2014 - 01:25 AM.

#91 kenshin192804

kenshin192804

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

We need more votes for Nanok, Hawthorne, Red Scorpion, and Non-Human heroes! C'mon guys! :)

#92 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

Non-humans heroes first.

A transforming one, with his morphed figure, challara with a feat that allows brightblaze to do a breath of fire attack, and werewolves monster that can infect heroes and summons other werewolves when heroes dies !

#93 zwara81

zwara81

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

Non-humans heroes first.

A transforming one, with his morphed figure, challara with a feat that allows brightblaze to do a breath of fire attack, and werewolves monster that can infect heroes and summons other werewolves when heroes dies !

i have the feeling these sets had always some sort of theme,  the oucast one had many "old" heroes,  and so on, so maybe  stellhorns, ispher are in the same set.  and maybe in the later sets we will see also new monsters and maybe some new heroes......

( as for stellhorns, i really think as a fanfavorite she will be back)

but after gencon we will know more, may some little news bit from origin next week.

Edited by zwara81, 09 June 2014 - 07:26 AM.

#94 Vault756

Vault756

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

I really want to see Mordrog remade. I like Orcs and we don't have an Orc Warrior currently. Either that or some new Orc Warrior in one of the upcoming expansions.

#95 Demoncow

Demoncow

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

Pathfinder Durik is an orc warrior.
Demoncow: He who has become a marauder.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS