Wishlists for Heroes & Monsters Collections

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

I'm sure everyone is psyched about the new heroes and monsters collections announced, but I doubt we'll get every single first edition hero and monster group brought in. What are everyone's top wishes for the line?

My personal (realistic-ish) wishlist would be (assuming the expansions last for at least 5 sets):

Set 2

Tahlia // Jaes the Exile // Kirga // Jonas the Kind

Sorcerers // Skeleton Archers // Ogres

Set 3

Varikas the Dead // Zyla // Vyrah the Falconer // Andira Runehand

Kobolds // Dark Priests // Nagas

Set 4

Steelhorns // Lyssa // Tobin Farslayer // Brother Gherinn

Shades // Deep Elves // Manticores // Demons

Set 5

Nara the Fang // Mad Carthos // Red Scorpion // Aurim

Medusae // Blood Apes // Hellhounds // Ice Wyrms

Ultimately, I really, really want to see Zyla, Red Scorpion, Jonas the Kind, and Brother Gherinn given makeovers and resculpts. And as for monsters, medusae, shades, and nagas are my top picks, even though I have the original models and they're all already fantastic.

New heroes would also be amazing, maybe a new hero in every future set?

#2 Radish

Radish

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

I'd like them to redo a few of the characters abilities (namely Nanok, Silhouette, and the girl wearing the bear skin whose name escapes me).  The conversion kit was not properly balanced at all which I think was understandable at the time since they were just to allow long term fans the ability to play with older stuff.  However if they are going to be releasing this stuff as a straight 2nd edition expansion it should really be playtested.

#3 Bladen

Bladen

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

I hope they will add conditions from expansions to that monsters. Like burning to fire monsters.

• Mowca likes this

#4 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

I must say i'm a bit disapointed.

I have bought back all the First edition, and now this one is comming back with new sculpts.

I hope all monsters will make their come back, and as Laurel bloodwood has his heroic feat rewrite, I do hope that Challara will have his heroic feat rewrite too, with the possibility to brightblaze to attack.

and as above, some conditions and dices with the monsters (why not new ones such as frozen for some ice monsters)

#5 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

I really want to see

Ishper, Karnon, Steelhorns, Varikas and Lyssa new sculpts for heroes,

and Hell hound, Giants, Demon Lords, and Ogres for monsters.

Hope to see also new non-human new heroes in future sets

#6 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

I hope they will add conditions from expansions to that monsters. Like burning to fire monsters.

Doubtful.  They may be tweaking stats and abilities here and there, but I fully expect they'll maintain their standard "requires base game only" policy on these X pacs.

Seriously, if they're willing to strip expansion abilities from LTs that originally had them in the LT packs, I don't see why they would want to add such abilities to these guys.

#7 KtuluCaller

KtuluCaller

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

In the new hero/monster kits, I'd like to see figures for the familiars.  Is this discussed on another post/topic?  I'm currently using figures from other games.

#8 BenOverlord

BenOverlord

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

Do not expect familiars to get models.  They need to be tokens as they are allowed to share spaces with figures.

#9 Plo83

Plo83

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

I think that many people are hoping to get the miniatures they are missing for the conversion kit.

I hope they wil release the minis of tomb of ice

#10 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

Do not expect familiars to get models.  They need to be tokens as they are allowed to share spaces with figures.

not all, almost 2 can have figures, the wolf and the skeleton, since they are treated as figures

#11 Plo83

Plo83

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

not all, almost 2 can have figures, the wolf and the skeleton, since they are treated as figures

the summoned stone is an obstacle, so i guess it could have a miniature 

#12 ramblur

ramblur

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

I was really excited with the announcement of these packages. Great idea.

I like heroes that bring their own personality. Laurel was actually on my shortlist.

Lyssa - Cat person!
Astarra - An Asian sorceress retheme would look pretty rad. (8 health probably, as she is ~6 speed)
Grey Ker - With a huge cloak, stern and mysterious. (Not green, too much already)
Steelhorn - beast
Okaluk - Pretty unique healer with both his dog and movement ability.
And a scouts with a familiars! Vyrah the Falconer (preferably), or the red panda one. I just noticed they look like brothers.

Also, combining three old heroes and one new seems like a fun idea. :)

And monsters that are competitive. I was somewhat disaspointed that all three monsters chosen fot the first package were pretty low tier. But like others have mentioned, those 3 are very classical of the Rubebound universe, though.

I'd like to see Manticores mostly, and then Ogres, and Hellhounds. Oh, and Ferrox are said to be pretty usefull.

Edited by ramblur, 14 April 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#13 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Not if you own the first edition monsters it's not!! I would rather they keep them separate for people who don't wish to spend even more money on figures they already own just to get one new hero 

Edited by rfisha, 11 January 2014 - 10:38 PM.

• griton and Subt1e like this

#14 ramblur

ramblur

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Not if you own the first edition monsters it's not! I would rather they keep them separate for people who don't wish to spend even more money on figures they already own just to get one new hero 

Besides being optional, it never stops being an upgrade! Those new sculpts look beast. Im a sucker for things with wings, but my favorite among the new ones has to be the raging Beastman. Plus the card art.
I just though it would make for a shinier package.

Edited by ramblur, 12 January 2014 - 11:36 AM.

• Lilikin likes this

#15 Subt1e

Subt1e

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

I'm just excited about getting new monsters, more heroes is a bonus.

Since I just discovered Descent with the 2nd ed it's all new to me.

But I really do think they should repackage the Lieutenants in a similar set.

They should also start including a figure for the lieutenants in the expansions.

#16 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Not if you own the first edition monsters it's not! I would rather they keep them separate for people who don't wish to spend even more money on figures they already own just to get one new hero 

Besides being optional, it never stops being an upgrade! Those new sculpts look beast. Im a sucker for things with wings, but my favorite among the new ones has to be the raging Beastman. Plus the card art.
I just though it would make for a shinier package.

I agree and I'll be buying them, but I imagine a lot of others wouldn't, and it's better to not mix the old with the new.

I would like the new heroes & monsters set like these to continue with new figures solely, replacing the mini expansions they have been releasing.  Cross-expansion conditions would be good as well :)

#17 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

I can't stand to see what will look like Ispher, the character I prefer

#18 jadedbacon

jadedbacon

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

I wonder if they'll use this opportunity to "re-class" heroes.  I remember reading that some people didn't understand why certain heroes were certain archetypes.  Think Lyssa as a Mage and Ispher as a Healer were the two main ones, there might be more.

Maybe FFG can use this opportunity to shift some heroes around, as it stands right now there are 10 CK Mages, 9 CK Healers, 13 CK Scouts, and 16 CK Warriors.  Moving some Warriors into Healers (Maybe like Sir Valadir) could rebalance things.

Then again, maybe that's why Ispher is a Healer and Lyssa is a Mage... /shrug

Seeing Crypt Dragons and Demon Lords resculpted is going to be amazing!

Never believe in "never"

- Algus Sadalfas

#19 Guitarboy447

Guitarboy447

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Anything from 1e expansions! Soooo expensive to purchase, would love to see the expansion monsters/heroes put out first!  :)

#20 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

I wonder if they'll use this opportunity to "re-class" heroes.  I remember reading that some people didn't understand why certain heroes were certain archetypes.  Think Lyssa as a Mage and Ispher as a Healer were the two main ones, there might be more.

Lyssa as a mage I don't have a problem with. IIRC she was technically named "Rune Enchantress" in one of the other Terrinoth games, so there's kind of a magical connection. Although I admit the big Freddy Kreuger claw thing isn't exactly your typical mage armament.

Ispher ought to have been a scout IMHO, but there are already a lot of scouts. Valadir definitely ought to remain a warrior - all the Knights of Kellos characters belong in that archetype for sure.

I think majority of the "misfits" were those who ended up in the Healer archetype. This is no doubt because D1E didn't have healers at all. There were three attack types - melee, ranged and magic, and heroes built around one of these attack types were generally what has become knowin in D2E as warriors, scouts or mages.

So they had to bend a little, otherwise there wouldn't have been any new healers in the CK, which I'm sure would've raised even more eyebrows than the strange calls they did make in some cases.

That's not to say all the healers are misfits, though. Andira was clearly a warrior in D1E, but a little retooling of her hero ability and she fits right in as a healer in D2E.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS