• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

...and I sincerely hope that you're fired.

And as you've now decided to make this personal, this will be the point where I bow out of the conversation.

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#62 Amroth

Amroth

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:28 AM

Yeah that was a bit rough, whilst we don't always see eye to eye I don't wish anyone to be stripped of their livelihood, especially when you consider it is only a game.

All the best for the future and remember creativity should always rule over stagnation, just to make this debate sound like Tzeentch vs Nurgle ;-).

#63 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:06 AM

...and I sincerely hope that you're fired.

And as you've now decided to make this personal, this will be the point where I bow out of the conversation.

It's not personal, when you're a professional. The fact that you are factually wrong, can be proven factually wrong, yet still insist that you are right about something that directly impacts your work - the essence of which the setting is wrought - is very much cause for concern and a valid reason for calling for your termination.

But if you chose to take the easy way out, that's entirely up to you. Just don't paint it up as some huff-puff indignation parade of "My oh my, you made this personal, now I'm out, the fact that I don't have a leg to stand on has nothing to do with it! Good day! I said GOOD DAY!".

Yeah that was a bit rough, whilst we don't always see eye to eye I don't wish anyone to be stripped of their livelihood, especially when you consider it is only a game.

All the best for the future and remember creativity should always rule over stagnation, just to make this debate sound like Tzeentch vs Nurgle ;-).

Two important points;

There are other jobs out there and as freelancer, this unlikely forms the basis of his entire livelihood. Even if it does, the fact that someone needs the job isn't really a good reason to hire them if they are bad at their job. You wouldn't hire a child-molester as a kindergarten teacher just because he needs a job, nor Homer Simpson to manage your nuclear plant.

Second, creativity for it's own sake is absolutely useless. Point in case: All 'modern' art ever.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#64 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

From one thing to another (please excuse the double-post); Obliterator Viruses?

While Obliterators are something all of Chaos does, and maybe it would fit Khorne more, the Obliterator Viruses are, well.. viruses.

Could it fit into a Tome of Decay?

Real men earn their fun

Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.

#65 Cail

Cail

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:46 AM

Im gonna go ahead and assume you meant Nurgle, not Khorne.

Yeah, I'd like to see the obliterator virus in this book, and it does seem like the place for it (obviously including Maulers or whatever the CC version is called as well). I kind of feel like it should be a gift of the gods or similar though, I don't really like the idea of obliterator being a class you 'move into'. Its a disease, it'd be good if we could treat it as such

Edited by Cail, 01 April 2014 - 05:46 AM.

• Intellect is the Understanding of Knowledge.
  • Sentience is the Basest Form of Intellect.
  • Understanding is the True Path to Comprehension.
  • Comprehension is the Key to all Things

#66 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

Im gonna go ahead and assume you meant Nurgle, not Khorne.

Yeah, I'd like to see the obliterator virus in this book, and it does seem like the place for it (obviously including Maulers or whatever the CC version is called as well). I kind of feel like it should be a gift of the gods or similar though, I don't really like the idea of obliterator being a class you 'move into'. Its a disease, it'd be good if we could treat it as such

Nono, I meant Khorne - Obliterators, raging fusions of marine and machine, capable of manifesting weaponry from just about any part of their body, is pretty much as khornite as it goes, in concept.

But at the same time, the Obliterator Virus *is* a virus, so it would definitely be an appropriate place to have it. And it's not like *all* Obliterators are Khornite - afaik, they can be part of any army dedicated to any god.

And yes, definitely. It should be a disease and I'd love it if it also interacted with Gift of the Gods somehow. Maybe the progression of the disease could be tied to it, somehow?

Real men earn their fun

#67 Green Knight

Green Knight

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

Coming to a shop near you:

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4686

BC07-book-left.png

Now stop quarrelling and whining! :P

• Fgdsfg, Amroth, Cail and 1 other like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS