Draft Packs? Any Sightings?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

Have these shown up anywhere yet? I saw something that they're for sale at FFG store, but maybe that was leftover Worlds stock...

#2 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

Not at my FLGS, though they are having a Netrunner Game Day this weekend so maybe they'll show up there.

#3 cmdrsils

cmdrsils

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

Can confirm that they are still in stock at the FFGC.

#4 LInsoDeTeh

LInsoDeTeh

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

Could someone explain to a newbie what exactly all that stuff means? Draft pack? Print on demand? huh?

today I'm coding, tomorrow I'm debugging, and next week I'll cast the queen to int.

#5 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

Could someone explain to a newbie what exactly all that stuff means? Draft pack? Print on demand? huh?

This should help 

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4486

#6 LInsoDeTeh

LInsoDeTeh

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

thank you for the info :-)

Btw, according to the german publishers webpage, the original draft packs will come out in Q1 2014, while the translated ones will follow soon after these. Here are the news pages:

Corp: http://www.heidelbae...l?ArtNr=FFG0716

Runner: http://www.heidelbae...l?ArtNr=FFG0717

Draft Starter: http://www.heidelbae...l?ArtNr=FFG0715

today I'm coding, tomorrow I'm debugging, and next week I'll cast the queen to int.

#7 Xou

Xou

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:19 AM

I heard the release is planned sometime in February. Info from Finnish distributor.

#8 TheDisturbed1

TheDisturbed1

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

That would make sense, since the announcement for the release of the Game of Thrones packs just came up the other day on the main page of the site.

#9 faith_star83

faith_star83

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

Hey Guys

I am new to Netrunner and was already asking myself when there will be drafting, so it's good to hear that they already did this and so soon after the game's release, too!

Another question, that probably is slightly misplaced here, that I have:

1) In general at Netrunner tournaments, does every player play both, Corp and Runner decks, or do the players choose a faction and then stick to it for the whole tournament?

2) Correspondingly, when drafting: Do I have to draft both, Corp and Runner and build two decks, or how does it work?

I ask this because I am wondering: The game basically needs a lot of players for each tournament to work if the players just play one faction. On the other hand, playing both factions would mean players have to play a lot of rounds? (equal amount for eacht corp and runner?)

I am sure the question has been answered elsewhere already, so sorry for the slightly off-topic post here.

#10 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:57 AM

Tournament play requires both players to play Corp and Runner. Matches are usually timed, and you have to try and finsih both games within the time limit. The tournament rules explain the scoring in more detail, but essentially winning a match is worth points, and the loser scores according the number of Agenda points scored (in knockout anyway; Swiss works differently).

Draft games can vary - you can do a full-draft, where you play both sides, or half-draft where you only play Corp OR runner.

Hope that helps :)

#11 faith_star83

faith_star83

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

It does thank you very much! I didn't realize there were Tournament Rules so I will have a look at them, too :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS