Photo

Sleeping with the Librarian (short session report)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

As always, five investigators on my side (Joe, Ursula, Daisy, Leo, Finn) against Y'golonac aided by Dagon and Hydra. The usual AH, KH, IH and MH in play, with gates from the Lurker shuffled in the gate cup as well. Not much to tell. Ursula started at Independence square and got lucky, being drawn to Yuggoth on the first Mythos. The second one was Strange Sightings, so that there was some extra movement on the board but no extra gates. A good Science building encounter allowed me to move an open gate to another unstable location: easy peasy, the Yuggoth gate moved to Historical Society: no gate bursts there, and very few Mythos risking to add a DOR token once the gate had been sealed. First half of the game was simply powerplay, with three seals put on the board by doom 5; then a burst removed the seal at Witch House, otherwise it could have been game over by Doom 7.

Things became slightly more complicated in the second half of the game, but hey, with Daisy in the mix, it's really impossible to lose. What's the best spell to have when Dagon's in play? Clearly Yellow Mist with the caster blessed: every turn she cleaned the Outskirts so that even a couple of extra monster surges were no biggie. The Y'hen-thlei gate was domesticated by Finn returning from another Yuggoth gate and a victory was easily scored.

Victory by sealing gates in 16 Mythos (doom at 10 by the end of the game)

• The Professor, Gary Manning and Schwaig like this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#2 Gary Manning

Gary Manning

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

Nice one Julia. Yep, gotta love Daisy. Suddenly librarians have become so much more appealing to me...... :-)

Edited by Gary Manning, 08 January 2014 - 11:49 PM.

• Julia likes this

#3 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

OH Julia....tsk tsk. Using Daisy. All respect just flew RIGHT out the window! For shaaaame! :P

• Julia likes this

#4 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

:laughter: Faust, I'm playing complete AO rotations paired up with complete Investigator rotations with no house rules implemented just to study the way Miskatonic Horror impacts the game, so, Daisy is not optional, every 5 plays there's one with Daisy in :D

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#5 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

Then every fifth game doesn't count! -kicks Daisy to the Eldritch Horrors- Go be overpowered elsewhere! Your not welcome here, Daisy! XDDD

#6 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

:D I never reported the follow up game (played yesterday), where poor Shub was nuked by a star team featuring both Patrice and Roland :D the poor guy never had a chance (the other investigators were Harvey, Mary and Mark). Victory by sealing gates when the doom track was at 8, with 4 out of 5 invstigators passing their personal stories (I could have scored the 5th one in the following turn, since Mark was about to return from R'lyeh).

Still, the balance with both Dagon & Hydra in the mix was kinda gruesome, forcing me to lose twice out of the last 20 plays. And I still have 6 to play :shiver:

#7 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:17 AM

Oh puhleaze, Julia! If anyone can do it, you can! Just pray you don't get a bad team~ And it sounds like you can't since most of the more burdensome characters have been used.

#8 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

:laughter: Let's see :D Thanks for the trust :) Of the remnants of my list, two games could be potentially problematic (Glaaki with Dagon sounds so deadly; and Daoloth), the others should be somehow not too difficult.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS