• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

MEC26-card-fan.png

Look at that Boar Clan Stalker. That art. 

I may exaggerate because of the rush of feelings, but that is THE BEST ENEMY ART IN THIS GAME.

It's not Jim Pavelec art so it's not the best enemy art in the game  ;)

As for Roac and Carc, Karlson, yeah, I thought about that recently. Would players like a Roac hero? I certainly would!

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#82 koriakin97

koriakin97

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

I'm not sure if Rumil and Pursuing enemy are from Dunledings trap, as encounter cards shown with them aren't.

#83 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

I'm not sure if Rumil and Pursuing enemy are from Dunledings trap, as encounter cards shown with them aren't.

Yea, all the cards in that image are from different packs sadly. That means that they can re-spoil them when they preview that pack and annoy us because we already about those cards. :P

Edited by joezim007, 18 January 2014 - 03:52 PM.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#84 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

Yeah, the lower bunch of cards are most likely from future expansions: just the same happened with the Steward's Fear announcement. It is probably because they merged the cycle and first pack announcements together (we used to get both in the past for Dwarrodelf, for instance).

#85 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

Did not notice the numbers, thanks for pointing it out, I was fully expecting to see all those cards when i got the pack, a little disappointed, but at least whole pack is not spoiled.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#86 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:48 AM

The White Council indeed gets stronger the more players are around the table.

Yet the cost increases 1 per player, making it quite expensive with 3 - 4 players, 

as the difference between 2 to 4 cost is huge in this game.

Though it already feels like a very strong utility card, like Gandalf himself & Miruvor with many options on them.

And the best part is that it's neutral, so it's always usable.

Somehow this card themeaticly feels very spirit-sphere to me, but neutral is even better playability wise.

"Not all those who wander are lost"

#87 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

Yet the cost increases 1 per player, making it quite expensive with 3 - 4 players, 

Though it already feels like a very strong utility card, like Gandalf himself & Miruvor with many options on them.

Somehow this card themeaticly feels very spirit-sphere to me, but neutral is even better playability wise.

I'm going to put it into a mono tactics solo deck, which needs some readying effects after the quest phase.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#88 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

I'm going to put it into a mono tactics solo deck, which needs some readying effects after the quest phase.

Yea, readying effects are always useful and we need more of them outside of Spirit. Rohan Warhorse was a nice addition, but being restricted makes it painful to use because you lose the ability to hold another weapon. When playing solo, I like to reword the cards to say "Limit one mount attachment per character" and remove the other limitations (except for ones like "Attach to a tactics or Rohan hero" obviously).

Edited by joezim007, 10 January 2014 - 10:11 AM.

• danpoage likes this

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#89 Scroll Lock

Scroll Lock

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

I just read it again (it is so beautiful, haha :D ) and saw things I overlooked before:

The Dunland Trap also provides more support for the Mount trait, as well as the Time X and Doomed X mechanics featured in The Voice of Isengard, and players will also discover thematic ties to Saruman and the White Council.

More support for the Mount trait. Will we only see Mounts, or even allies or events working with them? I would really like the latter option. 

And another thing-  "...players will also discover thematic ties to Saruman..". WHAT IS THIS? I have not got any ideas. But maybe...Palantiri ?! Or what? Please share your thoughts.

#90 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

I just read it again (it is so beautiful, haha :D ) and saw things I overlooked before:

The Dunland Trap also provides more support for the Mount trait, as well as the Time X and Doomed X mechanics featured in The Voice of Isengard, and players will also discover thematic ties to Saruman and the White Council.

More support for the Mount trait. Will we only see Mounts, or even allies or events working with them? I would really like the latter option. 

And another thing-  "...players will also discover thematic ties to Saruman..". WHAT IS THIS? I have not got any ideas. But maybe...Palantiri ?! Or what? Please share your thoughts.

As I've said a million times, and I won't get tired of it, maybe Palantiri, magic rings, other wizards, and the White Council (we already saw the card). And mostly, more magic and spells!!

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#91 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

look like the eagle deck will be making a comeback. Things like Born Aloft  suddenly look playable...

med_to-the-eyrie-ajtr.jpgmed_born-aloft-catc.jpg

I expect more to come... still I think a Eagle Deck might be on the comeback trail.

Some card coming to mind are also..

med_map-of-earnil-aoo.jpgmed_stand-and-fight-core.jpgmed_dwarven-tomb-core.jpg

Looks like this might even get into the initial draft of a deck design...

med_children-of-the-sea-tbog.jpg

Bouncing is always a really fun thing in card game, something I really like. I expect this will form some VERY strong decks. When you consider there will be a full cycle adding to this effect and all the threat reduction I expect may come along with the new DOOMed keyword...

I dunno.. looks like some power decks are a coming.

Edited by booored, 19 January 2014 - 05:39 AM.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#92 Scroll Lock

Scroll Lock

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

I would like player cards with Time mechanic. Maybe with Ents... "While this super-strong Ent has Time token on it, he can't exhaust"

#93 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:38 AM

There is a effect called "fated" in COC, were it is "Fated: X"... each time you activate the action or response or w/e it gets a token.. after X tokens you place it at the bottom of your deck. Pretty cool, and kind of similar to what you mean. Allows very powerful card to come and go... I think it could find a home in LoTR.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#94 Scroll Lock

Scroll Lock

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:20 AM

Yes, that mechanic fits into this game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS