Eldar, Dark eldar and null rods

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Asandora Bladeleaf

Asandora Bladeleaf

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

What would happen if a member of the eldar species came within the area of a null rod?

In the book Atlas Infernal, eldar are killed by going near to the atlas, but the null rod has a different effect upon the warp, disrupting it instead of nullifying the warp. Would the presence of an activated null rod reduce the pull of slaanesh upon the souls of dark eldar.

Also would dark eldar be able to gain pain tokens when in the presence of a null rod

#2 Brother Orpheo

Brother Orpheo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

From the perspective of game mechanics alone, a Null Rod's capabilities are clearly defined in the rules.

• Nameless2all, Corwyn and Kshatriya like this

=][=

#3 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

I'd say that Eldar might feel "uncomfortable" around a null rod, but if every member of their race doesn't have Psyker, then these aren't adversely affected beyond that. If you have the kind of null rod that saps synaptic patterns of the wielder over time, and then an Eldar holds it that long, same thing as anyone else.

As for saving DE's souls, hell no. Slaanesh is absolute crap, and probably my least favorite Chaos God (TT's fault, damn broken 4E Noise Marines), he is still a Ruinous Power and that makes her ignore most of the rules. No "mundane" apparatus can shield their souls from the withering, and living in the Webway doesn't help.

My little confusion stems more from "what damages the souls of NEW Dark Eldar?" Slaanesh's birth tore the souls of many Eldar to bits, and many who survived have them slowly bled (Asdrubael Vect might be that old), but what harms the newly created soul of a newborn Dark Eldar?

Edited by venkelos, 11 January 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#4 Amazing Larry

Amazing Larry

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

Well the Eldar are kind of all psykers but mostly they aren't it's vague, their armor and much of their gear is psyko-reactive and takes cues from them on some level and wraithbone is grown through similar manipulation. I think how it works is that while most aren't true psykers who channel the warp they can all exert some sort of force with their souls as if their souls were a kind of muscle

My little confusion stems more from "what damages the souls of NEW Dark Eldar?" Slaanesh's birth tore the souls of many Eldar to bits, and many who survived have them slowly bled (Asdrubael Vect might be that old), but what harms the newly created soul of a newborn Dark Eldar?

.Slaanesh just sees every eldar all the time like a pervy Santa and sucks on all of them telepathically from the moment they're born which he can apparently do because he's made out of eldar souls that collapsed into a giant purple ******* under the weight of their own sin and rampant stupidity.

#5 SirFrog

SirFrog

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

My guess is that the souls of the parents shape the soul of the child, so the two Slaanesh-linked souls of the parent will shape raw warpstuff into a soul for the newborn, which is also tainted by Slaanesh. Sort of like the link being encoded into the genes of every Eldar at the same time, so every Eldar child inherits the link.

Which would make any eventual Eldar hybrids interesting, as well as an interesting plot idea for some hijinks with Dark Eldar experiments.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS