79 replies to this topic

#61 jasonkw

jasonkw

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

Got this email today

Today at 11:45 AM

Come join us Saturday at 4:00pm for our Star Wars: X-Wing Escalation tournament!

When:  Saturday, 4/26 4:00pm (registration begins at 2:30pm)

Cost: $7.50

Prizes: we have a couple of options including the new prize kit or even a third party acrylic template set! Prize support will depend on the turnout

Tourney mode: Escalation! These are new rules and should be read carefully in the updated tourney rules.

Tournament rules will be observed. You can read them here: http://www.fantasyfl...ament-Rules.pdf

Recap of Escalation Rules:

Players will submit 4 squad lists upon registering:

• A 60 point list
  • A 90 point list. At least 30 points must be the same as the 60 point list
  • A 120 point list. At least 50 Points must be the same as the 90 point list
  • A 150 point list. At least 75 points must be the same as the 120 point list

Tournament Structure will feature Swiss-style pairing, with a number of preliminary rounds and round time as follows:

• Round 1, 45 minutes
  • Round 2, 60 minutes
  • Round 3, 75 minutes
  • Round 4, 90 minutes

Bring your Squad lists (4 lists total) with you or we will have sheets for you to fill out here. Try to come early if you need to fill it out here.

If you have any questions let me know. This will be an exciting event! Looking forward to seeing you all here!

~Kendon 
Boardgame Revolution

I really want to go to this. I hope I can make it.

Rebel: A-Wing (x2), X-Wing (x4), YT-1300 (x1), Y-Wing (x1), B-Wing (x1), HWK (x1)
Imperial: TIE Fighter (x7), TIE Interceptor (x2), Firespray (x1), Lambda Shuttle (x1) TIE Bomber (x1)

#62 Hero Beatdown

Hero Beatdown

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

There's talk about a reschedule. I'd check again on Friday to make sure it's going down.

#63 Hero Beatdown

Hero Beatdown

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:19 AM

They did reschedule. Now it's on Saturday May 3rd 4:00pm. Same rules as posted above.

#64 Sirdrasco

Sirdrasco

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

HaJoMaJe is now hosting Xwing and Attack Wing every Wed. from around 6 to close!

Rebels: (4) X-Wings, (1) Y-Wings, (1) A-Wings, (1) B-Wing, (1) Hawk Imperials:: (4) TIE Fighters, (1) TIE Interceptors, (1) TIE Bomber, (1) Tie Advance, (1) Tie Phantom<p>DUST Warfare, Axis 450 pts and Allies 350 pts.

#65 skyhwk290

skyhwk290

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

Any information on the pre-release at boardgame revolution in Orem?

#66 mephiston x

mephiston x

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:32 AM

They had a huge turnout for their "Assault on Imdaar Alpha" event, 16+ people and they were expecting to have at least 20.  I decided to not participate, the players that showed all gave me the impression of being super competitive and I just wanted to have fun.

#67 Sirdrasco

Sirdrasco

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

Had a poor turn out at Gamers Asylum, 4 players.

I did manage to win and took the Phantom home.
Rebels: (4) X-Wings, (1) Y-Wings, (1) A-Wings, (1) B-Wing, (1) Hawk Imperials:: (4) TIE Fighters, (1) TIE Interceptors, (1) TIE Bomber, (1) Tie Advance, (1) Tie Phantom<p>DUST Warfare, Axis 450 pts and Allies 350 pts.

#68 aDrDeMoarte

aDrDeMoarte

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

Any information on the pre-release at boardgame revolution in Orem?

there ended up being 18 people, played 4 rounds after a couple people dropped out after round 2 (maybe 3).  1st place was han shoot's first and 2 y's, 2nd place was a double falcon build.

#69 Danath

Danath

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

Game Haven Mind Games had a turn out of 6 players.

I tied for first but placed 3rd as my strength of schedule was shot due to my first game against someone who didn't win any games. 

Took home the fancy Z-95 (my first choice)!

Edited by Danath, 02 June 2014 - 05:33 PM.

Rebel 2 Z-95s, 3 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 5 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wings, 2 HWK-290s, 2 YT-1300s, 1 GR-75 Medium Transports, 1 Corellian Corvette, 2 E-wings, 1 YT-2400

Empire: 2 TIE Advanced, 4 TIE Bombers, 7 TIE Fighters, 5 TIE Interceptors, 2 Firespray-31s, 2 Lambda Shuttles, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders, 1 Decimator

#70 MerryVulture

MerryVulture

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

Game Haven had a turn out of 6 players.

I tied for first but placed 3rd as my strength of schedule was shot due to my first game against someone who didn't win any games. 

Perhaps you mean Mind Games? Game Haven had 16.

Rebel: More than most, less than some.

Empire: Ditto

#71 Danath

Danath

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

Game Haven had a turn out of 6 players.

Perhaps you mean Mind Games? Game Haven had 16.

You are correct. Updated. 

Rebel 2 Z-95s, 3 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 5 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wings, 2 HWK-290s, 2 YT-1300s, 1 GR-75 Medium Transports, 1 Corellian Corvette, 2 E-wings, 1 YT-2400

Empire: 2 TIE Advanced, 4 TIE Bombers, 7 TIE Fighters, 5 TIE Interceptors, 2 Firespray-31s, 2 Lambda Shuttles, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders, 1 Decimator

#72 aDrDeMoarte

aDrDeMoarte

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

Also Game Night Games had 15 people, i don't know what/who won i left early to get to the boardgame revolution tournament

#73 n890195

n890195

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

I am in the area.  I would love to join the groups.  Send me a line and I will be there.

So far, I noticed Dragon's Keep in Orem trying to play every Wednesday.  I will check it out.

#74 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

I am in the area.  I would love to join the groups.  Send me a line and I will be there.

So far, I noticed Dragon's Keep in Orem trying to play every Wednesday.  I will check it out.

Also every Saturday at the Orem Boardgame Revolution at 4pm. From what I hear there's a tournament on the 14th.

Edited by Explosive Ewok, 12 June 2014 - 03:34 PM.

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds really are..."

#75 n890195

n890195

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

I will be there Saturday.

#76 Danath

Danath

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

For those of you who don't know there is a facebook group the 181st Imperial Fighter Group. https://www.facebook...53951051337670/

Also a few of us are putting together a 'Utah's Aces - Catch of the Day' tournament.

The Boardgame Revolutions in SLC will be hosting it. We're trying to get enough people to make it doable. 

Here is the post;

Hey everyone we are going to be putting together a tournament on a saturday in July and going to be having the HUGE ships as prizes, 1st place will get a Tantive IV, 2nd place will get a Rebel Transport, 3rd will be a custom painted Slave 1 ship. Please vote for the day that would work best for you to come. we are planning to have it at BGR in SLC.
cost would only have to cover the ships, so 14 people at $10 each and the more people show up the cheaper the entry fee!

• Explosive Ewok likes this

#77 ObiBen

ObiBen

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

Sorry was off at the doctors. Will not play in the Tourney as I've only a 1/2 dozen games under my belt. But I think I'll try and make it next month.

Oooh, I'm in West Point! You still looking for someone to play?

#78 shnar

shnar

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

In Utah County, Dragon's Keep /was/ doing Star Wars on Wednesday nights (LCG and X-Wing), but that died down when Andrew left (he really pushed the boardgame scene for DK). Boardgame Revolution does an organized event every Saturday night, 4pm to whenever. There's usually prize support, depending on how many people show up. $5 buy-in is the typical, and it's a friendly lot (at least, I /hope/ we're a friendly lot). BGR is looking to see what interest there is in a long-term tournament (one or two games a week for a couple months). I'm not sure what Blakfyre games has in the way of organized events.

In SLC, I've gone to Game Haven for their tournaments. They tend to have a good turn out. The Imdaar at Game Night Games was pretty good too, though I'm not sure what other events they host. Boardgame Revolution has a new store in SLC that does a weekly X-Wing night that a lot of regulars go to. And Hastur Games has a lot of table space, though I don't know if they do anything organized.

-shnar

#79 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

Oh wow I didn't know Andrew left DK. Makes sense, as I haven't really heard much from that store in a long while.

I swear the largest X-Wing get together they had happened on my first time at that store for the Store Championship. Large enough to post photos from the event on their FB page, and nothing since.

Dude, we need to play another 2v2 game -- this time an epic game with the CR90 and transport. Just, you know, as long as it doesn't go until 1:30am again while my little boy is there.

Kids, pfft, who needs sleep?   :blink:

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds really are..."

#80 BobaFett THX1138

BobaFett THX1138

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

I live in Kaysville and they used to have a night at the comic book store here but they stopped. Would love to find a place to play. I just have a core set and a moldy crow.

" Ke narir haar'ke'gyce rol'eta resol!" ," Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur "  :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS