Utah players

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 Sirdrasco

Sirdrasco

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

Looks like Gamers Asylum in Ogden will start running Xwing events on the 2nd Sunday of the month.

And for those interested they run Attack Wing on the 3rd Sunday of the month.

Rebels: (4) X-Wings, (1) Y-Wings, (1) A-Wings, (1) B-Wing, (1) Hawk Imperials:: (4) TIE Fighters, (1) TIE Interceptors, (1) TIE Bomber, (1) Tie Advance, (1) Tie Phantom<p>DUST Warfare, Axis 450 pts and Allies 350 pts.

#42 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Glad there are more events being scheduled.

I'll play at GH in West Jordan this Tues at 6:30 and I have a couple new players coming.

#43 jasonkw

jasonkw

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

Glad there are more events being scheduled.

I'll play at GH in West Jordan this Tues at 6:30 and I have a couple new players coming.

I'm going to try and make it. I will also let some of the other local players know.

Rebel: A-Wing (x2), X-Wing (x4), YT-1300 (x1), Y-Wing (x1), B-Wing (x1), HWK (x1)
Imperial: TIE Fighter (x7), TIE Interceptor (x2), Firespray (x1), Lambda Shuttle (x1) TIE Bomber (x1)

#44 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Shall we kick off the Xwing league at Game Haven in West Jordan tomorrow night, Tues March 25th?

I'll bring the materials - it should be a simple, self running league for this first go around.  Free to play for each week, but we'll do a monthly special event with a small entry fee and prizes.

#45 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

We had 7 players for the first week of the league last night and it was a fun time. Hopefully we'll see a few more next week. The league score sheets are in the Star Trek drawer behind the counter, so if you show up to play just ask the employee for the sheets, then don't forget to put them back.

I've had a couple people tell me they'd like an alternate night to Tues - if anybody would prefer another night, let me know and I'll have GH schedule 2 nights a week.

#46 skyhwk290

skyhwk290

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

I'm in Lehi and looking for somewhere with games on a weekly basis and close by. Weekends are best.

#47 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

Any tournaments coming up in Utah?  Preferably in/around the Salt Lake area, but willing to travel a bit further to play if needed. 

#48 Sirdrasco

Sirdrasco

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:20 AM

Running some OP events at Gamers Asylum ever 2nd Sunday of the Month.

Rebels: (4) X-Wings, (1) Y-Wings, (1) A-Wings, (1) B-Wing, (1) Hawk Imperials:: (4) TIE Fighters, (1) TIE Interceptors, (1) TIE Bomber, (1) Tie Advance, (1) Tie Phantom<p>DUST Warfare, Axis 450 pts and Allies 350 pts.

#49 aDrDeMoarte

aDrDeMoarte

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:22 AM

skyhwk290, there is a decent group that plays at boardgame revolution in orem. they just had a tournament yesterday (sat 29) you can get onto their x wing mailer and get updates about tournaments prizes etc.

#50 aDrDeMoarte

aDrDeMoarte

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

SpikeIT, there is a group that plays at Game Night Games in sugarhouse that is the closest to SLC as i know of, other than that there is the league that Ken-Obi is talking about in West Jordan.

#51 jasonkw

jasonkw

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

I'm in Lehi and looking for somewhere with games on a weekly basis and close by. Weekends are best.

Boardgame Revolution in Provo/Orem has casual tourneys just about every weekend. Great group there.

Rebel: A-Wing (x2), X-Wing (x4), YT-1300 (x1), Y-Wing (x1), B-Wing (x1), HWK (x1)
Imperial: TIE Fighter (x7), TIE Interceptor (x2), Firespray (x1), Lambda Shuttle (x1) TIE Bomber (x1)

#52 jasonkw

jasonkw

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

It looks like Tuesdays are probably not going to be a good night for me any more so I don't know if I'll ever be able to make it for the league at Game Haven. I might be able to make it infrequently on Tuesdays, but I could probably make it more often on Thursdays.

Is there anyone out there that would be interested in doing league games at Game Haven on Thursdays?

#53 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

It looks like Tuesdays are probably not going to be a good night for me any more so I don't know if I'll ever be able to make it for the league at Game Haven. I might be able to make it infrequently on Tuesdays, but I could probably make it more often on Thursdays.

Is there anyone out there that would be interested in doing league games at Game Haven on Thursdays?

A couple other people have spoken to me about the same problem, so you're not alone here.  Things are split between Wed and Thurs though, so I think the best thing to do is some of the league players set up a facebook group to coordinate playing on days other than Tuesday.  Shoot me a PM if you want to try using that group and I'll get you the details.

#54 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

Is the Tuesday night Games Haven (West Jordan) thing still happening. I haven't been yet, but I would like to go tomorrow.
Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#55 jasonkw

jasonkw

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

Is the Tuesday night Games Haven (West Jordan) thing still happening. I haven't been yet, but I would like to go tomorrow.

Yeah. We usually have a couple of people show up to play and get a game or two in. I'm planning on being there tonight. Hopefully we will see you there!

#56 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

I wasn't able to make it last week, nor will I make it tonight, but I'll try to be there next week.

#57 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

Was there a good turnout at GH last night?

Also, I know some people can't make it most Tuesday nights, so we can either use this forum to coordinate playing on an alternate night, or we have a facebook group I can send you an invite to.  PM me for the details on that.

#58 MerryVulture

MerryVulture

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

FYI, X-Wing tournament in the Game room at FanXperience Sat April 19, 9:00pm - 11:00 pm. May already be full.

Rebel: More than most, less than some.

Empire: Ditto

#59 annedlrseown

annedlrseown

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

FYI, X-Wing tournament in the Game room at FanXperience Sat April 19, 9:00pm - 11:00 pm. May already be full.

I signed up this afternoon and I was the first one on the list. But who knows how many more people signed up since then.

Edited by annedlrseown, 17 April 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#60 mephiston x

mephiston x

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

Got this email today

Today at 11:45 AM

Come join us Saturday at 4:00pm for our Star Wars: X-Wing Escalation tournament!

When:  Saturday, 4/26 4:00pm (registration begins at 2:30pm)

Cost: $7.50

Prizes: we have a couple of options including the new prize kit or even a third party acrylic template set! Prize support will depend on the turnout

Tourney mode: Escalation! These are new rules and should be read carefully in the updated tourney rules.

Tournament rules will be observed. You can read them here: http://www.fantasyfl...ament-Rules.pdf

Recap of Escalation Rules:

Players will submit 4 squad lists upon registering:

• A 60 point list
  • A 90 point list. At least 30 points must be the same as the 60 point list
  • A 120 point list. At least 50 Points must be the same as the 90 point list
  • A 150 point list. At least 75 points must be the same as the 120 point list

Tournament Structure will feature Swiss-style pairing, with a number of preliminary rounds and round time as follows:

• Round 1, 45 minutes
  • Round 2, 60 minutes
  • Round 3, 75 minutes
  • Round 4, 90 minutes

Bring your Squad lists (4 lists total) with you or we will have sheets for you to fill out here. Try to come early if you need to fill it out here.

If you have any questions let me know. This will be an exciting event! Looking forward to seeing you all here!

~Kendon 
Boardgame Revolution

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS