Utah players

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 mrFlibble801

mrFlibble801

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

I haven't really played all that much and neither has my son and we're both coming.
  • jasonkw likes this

#22 jasonkw

jasonkw

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

I haven't really played all that much and neither has my son and we're both coming.

Great! Looking forward to meeting you both there if we haven't met already playing at Game Haven. And good luck in the tourney!

Rebel: A-Wing (x2), X-Wing (x4), YT-1300 (x1), Y-Wing (x1), B-Wing (x1), HWK (x1)
Imperial: TIE Fighter (x7), TIE Interceptor (x2), Firespray (x1), Lambda Shuttle (x1) TIE Bomber (x1)

#23 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

Played in the tourney on Saturday.  I was much fun as any OP event I have ever played in.  GH was a little tight and the play areas were slippery, but the people I met and played against were awesome.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#24 jasonkw

jasonkw

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

Played in the tourney on Saturday.  I was much fun as any OP event I have ever played in.  GH was a little tight and the play areas were slippery, but the people I met and played against were awesome.

Agreed. It would have been nice to have a bit more space, but the group was great. Everyone was super friendly and great sports. Can't wait to play again sometime!

Rebel: A-Wing (x2), X-Wing (x4), YT-1300 (x1), Y-Wing (x1), B-Wing (x1), HWK (x1)
Imperial: TIE Fighter (x7), TIE Interceptor (x2), Firespray (x1), Lambda Shuttle (x1) TIE Bomber (x1)

#25 Sirdrasco

Sirdrasco

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

Sounds like you had ablast, sorry couldn't make it.

Typically what day of the week do you guys play? Maybe I can drive down and play.

Rebels: (4) X-Wings, (1) Y-Wings, (1) A-Wings, (1) B-Wing, (1) Hawk Imperials:: (4) TIE Fighters, (1) TIE Interceptors, (1) TIE Bomber, (1) Tie Advance, (1) Tie Phantom<p>DUST Warfare, Axis 450 pts and Allies 350 pts.

#26 jasonkw

jasonkw

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

Right now we have a standing X-wing night set for every third Tuesday at Game Haven in West Jordan. Our last one was on 2/18 so I think the next one will be on 3/11 at 6:30.

I'm always available at different times too if anyone just wants to meet up at a game store for a random game sometime.

#27 mrFlibble801

mrFlibble801

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

My son and I showed up and played a single game, we were on the end table teaching another guy and his kid how to play. We were going to play in the event but it was going to go too many rounds and I had only three hours sleep plus I ran a Warmachine tourney there earlier that day.

If anyone wants to play Saturdays my son and I are up for some games.
  • jasonkw likes this

#28 Sirdrasco

Sirdrasco

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

Dang seems all the players are at the south end of the Valley!

KAHNNNN! Oh wait thats Attack Wing.... :D

Rebels: (4) X-Wings, (1) Y-Wings, (1) A-Wings, (1) B-Wing, (1) Hawk Imperials:: (4) TIE Fighters, (1) TIE Interceptors, (1) TIE Bomber, (1) Tie Advance, (1) Tie Phantom<p>DUST Warfare, Axis 450 pts and Allies 350 pts.

#29 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

I also had a lot of fun at the event.  I'm working with GH to schedule a self-organizing weekly league, with one night a month a special event with prizes.  I'll post details in this thread a little later to see what everybody thinks.

#30 jasonkw

jasonkw

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

My son and I showed up and played a single game, we were on the end table teaching another guy and his kid how to play. We were going to play in the event but it was going to go too many rounds and I had only three hours sleep plus I ran a Warmachine tourney there earlier that day.
If anyone wants to play Saturdays my son and I are up for some games.

I can find a free Saturday every now and then. I'd be up for a game sometime. Feel free to send me a direct message and we can set something up sometime.

#31 mrFlibble801

mrFlibble801

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

If I were to start a Facebook group devoted to X-Wing would anybody be interested? We could use it to meet up for games schedule events and create events.

#32 mephiston x

mephiston x

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

Just got an e-mail from Boardgame Revolution

Hey X-Wing Players!

Come join us this Saturday, March 1st, at 6pm for a casual X-Wing Miniatures tournament! Buy in will be $5 or less depending on what we decide for prize support (we have several options!) and the amount of people that show up.

This will be good practice before the 2014 Championship we will be holding on March 8th. Invite some friends! And I look forward to seeing all of you Saturday. Check out in the pics below how awesome our last tournament was!

~Kendon
Boardgame Revolution

Here's the pics https://www.facebook...n/photos_stream

Edited by mephiston x, 28 February 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#33 aDrDeMoarte

aDrDeMoarte

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

I'm up in the Bountiful area. usually i travel down to Boardgame Revolution and I have gone to Game Haven in West Jordan, it seems to have the better squads down in provo.  too bad its such a long drive to get there!  if there is anything that is going to be starting this side of SLC i would love to join

#34 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

Wish I could get down to Boardgame Revolution to play but I'm busy for both the practice session and the store championship.

#35 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

So here's my idea for a weekly X-Wing league at Game Haven in West Jordan.  We do a 2 month cycle of playing the 6 missions from the rulebooks, with prizes being handed out at the mid point and at the end for whoever has won the most missions as well as who has destroyed the highest number of squad points.  There will be a small entry fee for both the midpoint and end league dates, with participation prizes as well.  The league will be self organizing - just show up, check the Mission Track sheet to see what you haven't won yet and decide with the other players who will play against who.  The tracking sheets will be printed off and kept at the store, but you can see them at BGG if you want a better idea of what I'm proposing: http://boardgamegeek...issions-tracker

If you don't show up to play every week, that's ok, just come as often as you'd like.  How does this sound?

#36 jasonkw

jasonkw

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

If I were to start a Facebook group devoted to X-Wing would anybody be interested? We could use it to meet up for games schedule events and create events.

i would definitely join. I think that's a great idea. Post a link when you get it up and running.

#37 jasonkw

jasonkw

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

So here's my idea for a weekly X-Wing league at Game Haven in West Jordan.  We do a 2 month cycle of playing the 6 missions from the rulebooks, with prizes being handed out at the mid point and at the end for whoever has won the most missions as well as who has destroyed the highest number of squad points.  There will be a small entry fee for both the midpoint and end league dates, with participation prizes as well.  The league will be self organizing - just show up, check the Mission Track sheet to see what you haven't won yet and decide with the other players who will play against who.  The tracking sheets will be printed off and kept at the store, but you can see them at BGG if you want a better idea of what I'm proposing: http://boardgamegeek...issions-tracker

If you don't show up to play every week, that's ok, just come as often as you'd like.  How does this sound?

Sounds good to me. Any idea what the fees will be?

#38 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

I suggested $5, but it will depend on both the participation prizes as well as the winner's prizes.  I recommended they get in touch with http://daftconcepts.com/, a local company who has already produced laser cut acrylic stuff for both X-Wing and Attack Wing.  I think the weekly league would be free to play - it's just the monthly organized play event that would have a fee to cover the prizes.

#39 jasonkw

jasonkw

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

I suggested $5, but it will depend on both the participation prizes as well as the winner's prizes.  I recommended they get in touch with http://daftconcepts.com/, a local company who has already produced laser cut acrylic stuff for both X-Wing and Attack Wing.  I think the weekly league would be free to play - it's just the monthly organized play event that would have a fee to cover the prizes.

Cool! I would definitely be in. Thursday evening would probably work best for me, but I could make Tuesdays work too.

I've seen those Daft templates and they look pretty sweet.

#40 mephiston x

mephiston x

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

Here's more details on BR's championship on Sat

Star Wars X-wing Store Championship!

Come join us. We are hosting our 2014 Store Championship for X-Wing this Saturday!

When: Saturday, March 8th at 2:00pm

entry fee: $5

Be sure to bring your squad list. If you come early we will have squad list forms to fill out before the tournament.

We look forward to seeing you here! Invite your friends!

Details on the winnings are in the link below:

~Kendon 
Boardgame Revolution

• jasonkw likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS