LFG: Play by post

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

#21 svstrauser

svstrauser

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

I have to say, after being in the beta for a while, I'd love to see GauntZero GMing!

I've only ever participated in WH40K games as a GM, it must be a very interesting feeling to be a player...

• dava100 likes this

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

#22 dava100

dava100

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

I have to say, after being in the beta for a while, I'd love to see GauntZero GMing!

I've only ever participated in WH40K games as a GM, it must be a very interesting feeling to be a player...

There are some spots open unless GauntZero has recruited a few players on the sly. Welcome aboard!

We now have 1 GM and 3 players!

Thought begets heresy. Heresy begets retribution.

#23 svstrauser

svstrauser

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

Huzzah!

Anyone has already decided something about their characters?

You see, I have some ideas...

#24 dava100

dava100

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

Covered in weasels and I have shared a few pm's to ensure we aren't playing the same type of character. I will send the details via PM. 

Also check over GauntZero's house rules further up this thread to ensure you are ok with them.

Edited by dava100, 17 January 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#25 svstrauser

svstrauser

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

Just sent you a reply!

Shouldn't we discuss this here, so the other guys can see it and provide feedback?

#26 dava100

dava100

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

We could discuss it here but this way we get to surprise GauntZero.

Once I have a firm idea though I will share it here  :)

#27 svstrauser

svstrauser

• Members
  • 251 posts

Regarding character:

I've been discussing it with dava (BTW, are we using our real names or forum Ids here?) and was thinking about a Hive Born member of the Adeptus Arbites, either a Seeker or, as almost everybody wants to play as one (yes, they are awesome), a warrior.

I see him as a gruff officer, one who has seen some of the worst humanity has to offer in the Hives. Your archetypal noir police officer, a tough as nail SOB, with a perpetual five-o-clock shade and a somewhat morbid, defeatist sense of humour.

As I don't know precisely what our GM is thinking about regarding the campaign, I left his origin very open ended, but I was thinking he got mixed up with the Inquisition in his last assignment, maybe after been sent to arrest a gang that proved to be a coven of Witches or Daemon worshippers. It all depends on what Ordos we're going with.

I see him as the last man standing of the squad sent to apprehend them, which got him drafted for service to the Inquisition.

• GauntZero likes this

#28 svstrauser

svstrauser

• Members
  • 251 posts

Oh.

Crap.

Sorry? ^^

#29 Covered in Weasels

Covered in Weasels

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

I believe ColArana is still planning to participate. The Beta is no longer available for purchase and the terms of service prevent sharing of the Beta PDF over the internet, but I've been helping him create a character through PMs by sending him the relevant details.

I'm playing a Hive Imperial Guard Desperado -- he was forced to serve in a penal legion after being caught smuggling xenos artifacts, but was pressed into service as a (somewhat unwilling) Acolyte because of his talents and knowledge of xenos species and technology. He is good at sneaking and fighting with pistols, and he has good social skills and Fellowship. I was originally thinking of playing a Shrine Mechanicus Heirophant but I had a better background story for the Desperado (though I have both characters generated and could play the Heirophant if it would round out the party more effectively).

What characters do you guys plan to play?

Edited by Covered in Weasels, 17 January 2014 - 12:18 PM.

• svstrauser and GauntZero like this

Do not ask why you serve.  Only ask how.

Synonymous names include: Buried in Ferrets, Enveloped by Ermine.

Currently GMing a Dark Heresy 2.0 game and inflicting untold misery upon Martin Lockheed and company.

#30 dava100

dava100

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Oh.

Crap.

Sorry? ^^

Nothing to be sorry about.

#31 dava100

dava100

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

I believe ColArana is still planning to participate. The Beta is no longer available for purchase and the terms of service prevent sharing of the Beta PDF over the internet, but I've been helping him create a character through PMs by sending him the relevant details.

I'm playing a Hive Imperial Guard Desperado -- he was forced to serve in a penal legion after being caught smuggling xenos artifacts, but was pressed into service as a (somewhat unwilling) Acolyte because of his talents and knowledge of xenos species and technology. He is good at sneaking and fighting with pistols, and he has good social skills and Fellowship. I was originally thinking of playing a Shrine Mechanicus Heirophant but I had a better background story for the Desperado (though I have both characters generated and could play the Heirophant if it would round out the party more effectively).

Awesome news. That's. 4. Players.

#32 svstrauser

svstrauser

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

Oh, I can see we are going to get along just fine...

(criminal scum)

• Covered in Weasels likes this

#33 Covered in Weasels

Covered in Weasels

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

(criminal scum)

Who, me? Never!  :ph34r:

• svstrauser likes this

Currently GMing a Dark Heresy 2.0 game and inflicting untold misery upon Martin Lockheed and company.

#34 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

wtf - I was gone for some hours and hell breaks out...

Good news though - more than glad to have you on board, SVS !

I will create 2 new threads.

This one here shall be used for offplay discussions.

One will be for posting your character sheets and will contain a template to use.

The other one will be for inplay.

• svstrauser likes this

Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.

#35 svstrauser

svstrauser

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

wtf - I was gone for some hours and hell breaks out...

Good news though - more than glad to have you on board, SVS !

It is a pleasure to serve, sir.

Now point me to the heretics.

• Covered in Weasels likes this

#36 Covered in Weasels

Covered in Weasels

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

Splendid! Lock and load, Acolytes!

• svstrauser likes this

#37 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

If we get a good team together, it would be nice to manage to do a really long campaign with you guys...but that needs a lot of discipline.

Most PbP fail because after some time, discipline lacks.

Lets try to make this something ongoing.

Make yourselves ready for missions that endanger your bodies, minds and very souls...

I will be on your side, watching you and hoping for your success...but the enemies of mankind already started their murderous plots...

It is good that you are 4. You will need each other to survive.

Could you tell me which campaigns/published missions you already do know ?

Edited by GauntZero, 17 January 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#38 svstrauser

svstrauser

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

If we get a good team together, it would be nice to manage to do a really long campaign with you guys...but that needs a lot of discipline.

Most PbP fail because after some time, discipline lacks.

Lets try to make this something ongoing.

Make yourselves ready for missions that endanger your bodies, minds and very souls...

I will be on your side, watching you and hoping for your success...but the enemies of mankind already started their murderous plots...

Could you tell me which campaigns/published missions you already do know ?

Well, I have enough free time, particularly during weekday, to be available without problems, except once or twice a month when I'm out giving lectures. So, I'm game!

"Well, sir, I've been told that the only true fear is dying with your duty undone. (or some crap like that...)"

I've read a little about the Harlock (Haarlock?) trilogy and some parts of the first book of the Apostasy Gambit, as well as the first published DH adventures.

Edited by svstrauser, 17 January 2014 - 12:53 PM.

#39 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

I suggest that we start in Askellon, even if not much is know so far about it.

We'll keep the start rather neutral to the sector so we remain flexible, if this is ok for you.

In my opinion, the Haarlock campaign is a great one, but too common already :(

One more thing I'd like to have, is that everyone has a proxy.

If someone knows that he will be absent for a longer time, the proxy is allowed to control the character of the absent person.

This helps to prevent lags (especially during combat).

How tests are declared:

If you use a skill on your own initiative, you declare that you do, including your % to succeed at a regular test, and put the roll in brakets, like:

I try to get his true intentions (Scrutiny 37 [roll 24]).

Depending on the difficulty, my reaction might be:

You are quite sure he is lying about this topic (Scrutiny 2 DoS).

If it is a test which is asked from me, I will roll it myself and will tell you the results (e.g. passive awareness or knowledge).

If I ask you about a certain test, like Scrutiny (-10), you should include the known modifier already into your post, like:

Scrutiny 37 (-10) [roll 24]

In general, please put modifiers in regular brackets )( and list every modifier on its own.

#40 svstrauser

svstrauser

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

By the way, how are we going to roll?

You're going to make all the rolls?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS