Tyranid Bioships

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

I like it.  It has diversity, along with evolving units, and you even have "fighter craft."  Gona have to steal that idea.  :D

Couple questions though: why did you not utilize the Void Kraken statistics on pg 37, KB, for your Tyranid Kraken (if you don't own the book, that answers the question); and two, did you go by BFG stats for these?

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

#22 Wizzardman

Wizzardman

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

I actually don't own the book--its something I plan on rectifying shortly.

I did originally base these off of the BFG stats--that's where the spore cloud shields and special rules come from. I diverged rather rapidly when it came to the Tyranid cruiser and hive ship. The DM who requested these originally wanted to experiment more with fighter craft than with pre-existing weaponry... and to be honest, I always thought fighter craft fit Tyranid spaceships more. Tyranids are a hive species; they specialize in mass assault. Admittedly, imagining a swarm of Tyranids swarming through space is a bit weird, but Tyranid ships have always been a little weird in that regard.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS