• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tomatito

tomatito

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

Hi,

Recently arised in a session the question that if a combat check doesn't makes damage due soak reducing all damage if the critical still applies or if it's necessary to do at least one damage to apply critical effect.

I've been throught the rules but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

#2 EldritchFire

EldritchFire

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

I don't remember where I read it, but an attack has to cause at least 1 wound to trigger a critical. I'm at work and away from my book, so I can't double check, but I'm sure someone will come along and give us a reference!

-EF

#3 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

Page 158 under Critical Rating. You must deal damage which exceeds the target's soak in order to activate a critical.

• EldritchFire likes this

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#4 sithlord71

sithlord71

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

The damage from an attack (after soak is applied) must still exceed the soak value in order to apply a critical.

A critical will not apply if all damage caused is soaked,resulting in no damage taken by the attack.

#5 tomatito

tomatito

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

Thanks a lot to you all,

Best regards.

Edited by tomatito, 06 January 2014 - 04:02 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS