Where are My Space Weasels?!?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

Ferrets are cooler than hamsters, and ferrets are essentially domestic weasels. The two are barely comparable; it's about as fair as comparing a dog to a hamster. Those little bastards are tempormental and mean. If you want one, I recommend getting a mouse instead; they're a lot nicer and more willing to be handled.

I loved hamsters as girl, but they all managed to die in spectacular ways.  One lot re-enacted the prequels (guys fight over girl, everybody dies).

Another one was white and very fluffy. It escaped, somehow climbed up to a high shelf, and did a perfect dive into an open pot of paint. RIP.

While I've never had a ferret in RL, I once rolled one up as a familiar in a really great D&D game.  Initially I was annoyed, I wanted something cooler.  So I did a lot of online reading and realised how awesome ferrets are.   Attitude-wise, they are basically a cross between cats and dogs, combining the best personality traits of each.  They are super-cute and affectionate, completely lack any kind of common sense (they make my hamsters look like hardened survivalists) and have exceptionally weak constitutions and suffer from a bewildering array of fatal diseases. They basically seem to be a child substitute, and if I ever work from home, I'm getting one.

I generally hate anime, but the only manga book I own is 'Peach Fuzz', which is about the imaginary fantasy life of a spoiled, pampered pet ferret. And is totally awesome.

So when I actually get to play rather than GM, it was an easy choice of what to play.

So yeah, you can keep your ewok/hamster hybrids.

If you want to read about a hilarious pet ferret check out sluggy freelance.  Kiki is a side character, but is hilarious.

Weasels: 6

Hamsters: 0

And yeah, Hamsters like to murder each other.

#22 JonahHex

JonahHex

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

While I've never had a ferret in RL, I once rolled one up as a familiar in a really great D&D game.  Initially I was annoyed, I wanted something cooler.  So I did a lot of online reading and realised how awesome ferrets are.   Attitude-wise, they are basically a cross between cats and dogs, combining the best personality traits of each.  They are super-cute and affectionate, completely lack any kind of common sense (they make my hamsters look like hardened survivalists) and have exceptionally weak constitutions and suffer from a bewildering array of fatal diseases. They basically seem to be a child substitute, and if I ever work from home, I'm getting one.

Both of my ferrets came from people who couldn't or wouldn't take care of them. I didn't want to take them in at first because of their exceptionally weak constitutions, but I also know what happens to them in animal shelters so I relented anyway. Best decision of my life; they're the most intelligent, loving, and HYSTERICAL pets I've ever owned, dogs and cats included.

That said, the older one has has been near death no less than three times. The worst was when my (now ex) girlfriend randomly came to my house with a baby, and the shock of finding out that there were other ferrets in the world (he had been alone for the first couple of years, barely ever leaving his cage because of his terrible owner) gave him a stomach ulcer. Exceptionally weak constitutions indeed!

Still, it's worth all the trouble. Ain't nothin' like owning a pair of insane weasels who flop around and laugh at stuff (yes, ferrets can laugh lol).

Ferrets = Over 9000 awesome

Hamsters = Gourmet python food 

Edited by JonahHex, 05 January 2014 - 09:36 PM.

#23 Maelora

Maelora

• Members
  • 992 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Still, it's worth all the trouble. Ain't nothin' like owning a pair of insane weasels who flop around and laugh at stuff (yes, ferrets can laugh lol).

Ferrets = Over 9000 awesome

Hamsters = Gourmet python food 

Hahaha, so cute!

Apparently, ferrets do laugh, and they do a lot of things just for fun.  They are one of the few types of animals (dolphins as well I think) who spend much of their time just enjoying themselves. 

#24 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Have you ever seen a Ferret War Dance? They jump around and flash their pouncy claws about and make giant surprised smiles. It's amazing.

Weasels: Best animals in the world

Hamsters: Food
  • kaosoe and JonahHex like this

#25 Serif Marak

Serif Marak

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

Keep in mind that release dates are also flights of fantasy.... :)

PUUUUUUN PUN PUN PUN PUN PUN PUN!!!!

#26 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

Can't tell if you're the only one that got it, or if you're the only one encouraging me, haha.

• kaosoe likes this

#27 Serif Marak

Serif Marak

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Can't tell if you're the only one that got it, or if you're the only one encouraging me, haha.

Let's go with the encouraging part.

7b32343751644c44bb25599039a4f34e.jpg

• themensch likes this

#28 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

7b32343751644c44bb25599039a4f34e.jpg
Okay, okay... But let's try to stick to the topic. I mean, there's not enough *SPACE* for our *WEASELS* as it is!

Ha ha ha!

Ha ha...

Ha.

I hate myself.

#29 Serif Marak

Serif Marak

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

Okay, okay... But let's try to stick to the topic. I mean, there's not enough *SPACE* for our *WEASELS* as it is!

Ha ha ha!

Ha ha...

Ha.

I hate myself.

ylqrK.png

Dan is also depressed about your joke.

Edited by Serif Marak, 09 January 2014 - 10:19 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS