Where are My Space Weasels?!?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

So, I was skimming through the article on Jewel of Yavin, and I saw that it was planned to come out in the first quarter of 2014. Seeing this, I checked to see when Suns of Fortune was planned to be released, and to my dismay it said the fourth quarter of 2013. It's already 2014! What's the hold up? Was there a change of plans I don't know of, are they just a bit late, or is something else going on? I want my space rodents!

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim."

-Elie Wiesel

#2 whafrog

whafrog

• Members
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

I want my space rodents!

Weasels aren't rodents, maybe fixing that is why it's late :)

• Kshatriya likes this

#3 FangGrip

FangGrip

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Never trust the articles.  Use the list of Upcoming Games to find out the best release dates given so far.

Check out a truly universal RPG with Free Starter Rules at www.AlphaChronicles.com!

Check out the Consummate Gamer Blog for everything that isn't Alpha Chronicles.

#4 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 400 posts

I want my space rodents!

Weasels aren't rodents, maybe fixing that is why it's late :)

Darn it. I should have known. There goes my knowledge on weasels.

-Elie Wiesel

#5 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 400 posts

Never trust the articles.  Use the list of Upcoming Games to find out the best release dates given so far.

And where do you find that?

EDIT: Ope! never mind, I found it. January 23rd.

Well, I hate to see a topic just die out. Let's talk about the rodents - oh, my bad, the mammals including a rodent and a near rodent.

Edited by Castlecruncher, 03 January 2014 - 04:01 PM.

-Elie Wiesel

#6 whafrog

whafrog

• Members
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Some members of the weasel family:  mink, ferret, otter, skunk, raccoon, and wolverine.  Do not mess with space weasels... :)

• kaosoe and Maelora like this

#7 FangGrip

FangGrip

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

I always like weasels.  So cute.

But smelly.

• JonahHex likes this

Check out a truly universal RPG with Free Starter Rules at www.AlphaChronicles.com!

Check out the Consummate Gamer Blog for everything that isn't Alpha Chronicles.

#8 JonahHex

JonahHex

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

My ferrets are secretly space weasels. BEWARE!!!!

• kaosoe likes this

#9 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Keep in mind that release dates are also flights of fantasy.... :)

• Himsett, kaosoe and Serif Marak like this

#10 Maelora

Maelora

• Members
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

Never tire of this...space_weasels_by_fertcat-d4xt0wp.png

• whafrog, kaosoe and JonahHex like this

#11 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

That comic never gets old, Maelora (not sarcasm, it always makes me smile).

Edited by kaosoe, 03 January 2014 - 07:07 PM.

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#12 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

Would you prefer the weasels or the hamsters? I'd say weasels (although I prefer to say otters due to their tales), because they have an interesting bee-like society where women rule and men are livestock made to breed. Not saying that that's a perfect society, but it would be interesting to play a race that forces you to be a female. And come on. They're weasels/otters/ferrets. Weasels/otters/ferrets EAT hamsters.

Weasels: 1

Hamsters:0
  • Maelora likes this

-Elie Wiesel

#13 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

Never tire of this...space_weasels_by_fertcat-d4xt0wp.png

Weasel: "THIS WAS NOT WHAT I WAS PROMISED."
  • JonahHex likes this

-Elie Wiesel

#14 BrandonCarpenter

BrandonCarpenter

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

First time I read the thread title, I saw Spice Weasels (too much Futurama).
Second time I read the title, I saw Space Wessels (too much Trek).
:D

#15 Maelora

Maelora

• Members
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:05 AM

Would you prefer the weasels or the hamsters? I'd say weasels (although I prefer to say otters due to their tales), because they have an interesting bee-like society where women rule and men are livestock made to breed. Not saying that that's a perfect society, but it would be interesting to play a race that forces you to be a female. And come on. They're weasels/otters/ferrets. Weasels/otters/ferrets EAT hamsters.

Drall don't really attract me so much - they make me think of hyper-advanced ewoks really.

But Space Weasels...yeah!

I've decided I'm going to have all three Suns of Fortune species native to Corellia and part of some weird symbiotic ecosystem...

#16 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

Drall don't really attract me so much - they make me think of hyper-advanced ewoks really.

But Space Weasels...yeah!

I've decided I'm going to have all three Suns of Fortune species native to Corellia and part of some weird symbiotic ecosystem...
Weasels: 2

Hamsters: 0
  • Maelora likes this

-Elie Wiesel

#17 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

On a side note, I have more familiarity with the weasel family than hamsters, due to a lot of Redwall.

Plus, my main memory of hamsters is having two of them murder each other over a girl, and then both die, and then the girl dies of early child birth (seriously, it happened and my sister was sad for a week).

Weasels: 3

Hamsters: -1

Although... A warrior Drall might be cool. I mean, imagine little hamsters going around and shooting up cantinas, covered in battle scars and claw marks from fights over mates. and the whole "Both guys died for a girl who also died" is made possible to be in Star wars.

... Darn it.

Hamsters: Back to 0

• kaosoe and Maelora like this

-Elie Wiesel

#18 JonahHex

JonahHex

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

Ferrets are cooler than hamsters, and ferrets are essentially domestic weasels. The two are barely comparable; it's about as fair as comparing a dog to a hamster. Those little bastards are tempormental and mean. If you want one, I recommend getting a mouse instead; they're a lot nicer and more willing to be handled.

#19 Maelora

Maelora

• Members
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:31 AM

I loved hamsters as girl, but they all managed to die in spectacular ways.  One lot re-enacted the prequels (guys fight over girl, everybody dies).

Another one was white and very fluffy. It escaped, somehow climbed up to a high shelf, and did a perfect dive into an open pot of paint. RIP.

While I've never had a ferret in RL, I once rolled one up as a familiar in a really great D&D game.  Initially I was annoyed, I wanted something cooler.  So I did a lot of online reading and realised how awesome ferrets are.   Attitude-wise, they are basically a cross between cats and dogs, combining the best personality traits of each.  They are super-cute and affectionate, completely lack any kind of common sense (they make my hamsters look like hardened survivalists) and have exceptionally weak constitutions and suffer from a bewildering array of fatal diseases. They basically seem to be a child substitute, and if I ever work from home, I'm getting one.

I generally hate anime, but the only manga book I own is 'Peach Fuzz', which is about the imaginary fantasy life of a spoiled, pampered pet ferret. And is totally awesome.

So when I actually get to play rather than GM, it was an easy choice of what to play.

So yeah, you can keep your ewok/hamster hybrids.

Edited by Maelora, 05 January 2014 - 05:32 AM.

• JonahHex likes this

#20 Ahrimon

Ahrimon

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:11 AM

If you want to read about a hilarious pet ferret check out sluggy freelance.  Kiki is a side character, but is hilarious.

• Maelora likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS