not to beat a dead horse but...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 antijoke_13

antijoke_13

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

WHEN THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO COME OUT WITH MORE MATERIAL FOR BLACK CRUSADE?

all I want is a date for a release. I don't care if the next book is another adventure, rules for running an actual Black Crusade, a look at another Chaos Stronghold (the Maelstrom would be nice), or the long awaited Nurgle Book. I just want a date!

is there anyone who's got an idea of when they'll release the next book?

#2 Pentregarth

Pentregarth

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

No idea, but I presume they're pretty busy with cranking out DH2, what with having to scrap the entire design and starting anew due to player feedback...

#3 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

They did that? Guess I was right in not liking what I saw of that DH2 book.

#4 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, I haven't seen the Beta but I'm pretty sure it's now mostly Only War/Black Crusade rules.

#5 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,918 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

Yeah, I haven't seen the Beta but I'm pretty sure it's now mostly Only War/Black Crusade rules.

Mostly. A few interesting bits from the original DH2 Beta seem to be creeping back in, but it looks like it's still going to be 'mostly compatible' with BC/OW. IOW, just enough differences (again!) to prevent a smooth conversion from one line to another, but not enough to prevent people from spending hours trying.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#6 Terraneaux

Terraneaux

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:38 AM

They honestly should have just burned it to the ground and started over.  Oh well.

#7 Traejun

Traejun

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

Don't hold your breath for more BC material.  The Nurgle Tome is almost surely in the cards, but nothing beyond that is even remotely assured.

#8 Calgor Grim

Calgor Grim

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:45 AM

Maybe Tzeentch spirited it all away? It is not part of their grand plan...

Loyal Missionary Father Grim of the Kingston 293rd Storm Troopers

#9 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

As I've stated elsewhere I'd be fine with two more books. A tome of Nugle, and a tome of Unaligned.

I've made an expanded Divination table for Dark Heresy Second Edition.Find it here: 

http://community.fan...general-thread/

#10 Drachdhar

Drachdhar

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

NURGLE!!

#11 Terraneaux

Terraneaux

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Honestly just Nurgle would be plenty.  I don't need an infinite depth of sourcebooks.

#12 Drachdhar

Drachdhar

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

Well... If judging from previous releases a book of "the Unaligned" ought to be inevitable... If now Iron Legion and Death Guard is in the glorious book of rot, that still leaves the Black Legion.

#13 Drachdhar

Drachdhar

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

and possibly the Red Corsairs or some such other major player...

#14 Covered in Weasels

Covered in Weasels

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

The DH2 beta version 2 started as basically Only War for the Inquisition, but it has changed significantly with each update. Psychic powers recently got a HUGE overhaul: the Fettered power level is gone, and things have been tweaked such that they might actually be properly balanced. I'm actually liking the new rules quite a bit :D

EDIT: This is a little off topic in this thread but I saw some people asking about the DH2 beta. With the amount of changes going into the beta right now I wouldn't be surprised if BC was getting left on the sidelines for now.

Edited by Covered in Weasels, 10 January 2014 - 03:40 PM.

Do not ask why you serve.  Only ask how.

Synonymous names include: Buried in Ferrets, Enveloped by Ermine.

Currently GMing a Dark Heresy 2.0 game and inflicting untold misery upon Martin Lockheed and company.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS