Packing the Box?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 robertleegrant

robertleegrant

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

For Christmas I was lucky enough to receive Talisman 4th revised plus the Dungeon, the City, and the Highlands.   (Like everyone else, ready to see the next corner.) 

Sadly, it does not appear that you can get all these materials in one box.  I tried consolidating all the cards into the Talisman box, but that's not working.   Regardless, there's no room for all the boards. 

I wish FFG would consider a Axis and Allies sized box that would have room for all the sups. 

Anyway, any tips for how to consolidate all this gaming material?   Or, should I just leave it in 4 (soon to be 5) boxes?   

Thinking about buying a large plastic pistol case and cutting the interior foam to hold all the materials.  Shame, when the boxes are so so pretty....

#2 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

The boxes are pretty. Some players do find ways to utilize the various tray parts, from the first main set.

Ourselves, we use larger plastic boxes/storage, ones we have found at Office Depot and the like. We still had problems and recently traded up for something sorta different.

We have a large drawer type plastic box. It is over a foot deep, wide etc and is a drawyer that pulls out of a shell enclosing it. All white, solid/hard plastic.

I am lucky, I have figured out a way to store all the sets; we have all up to and including the Nether realm.

One slight caveat; I no longer collapse all the decks and put back in a box; we leave them in the trays/holders I use. Just have to reshuffle.  These card holders are plastic fishing bait/tackle boxes. You can arrange the slots to be pretty big - even for the current Adventure Deck.  I use two different sized ones. The larger has all the various Adventure Decks, including Nether and Dragon cards.  The small tackle box holds purchase items, warrants and that sort of thing.

But I'm always open to new ideas, so maybe others will share theirs'.

#3 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

I am in the process of trying out various solutions by Mr Craft over on BGG. There are many options, but I am helping out with an optimum solution for Talisman at the moment...

• robertleegrant likes this
Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#4 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

I just recently obtained Highlands and do not have Dragons, but had everything else. And everything used to fit in 2 Talisman boxes. I put all the boards in 1 box and everything else in the other. The boards box had no insert.

But with Highlands this was no longer true.

I now use a 3rd box to hold many of the cards.

I also own fan made alternate endings. This takes up space as well.

-----

Dam's post below reminded me I also do not have Sacred pool. Look's like Dam and I have the same collection at this time.

Others spoke of cones and mini's and such packed separately. I also store my dice separately, and do not use cones, but dice instead.

Edited by DomaGB, 04 January 2014 - 09:32 AM.

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#5 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

No Dragon (or Sacred Pool), but all the stuff in one box for me:

http://www.boardgame...601/dam-the-man

• DomaGB likes this

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#6 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:48 AM

My minis are painted and in a different container, but I found using the package box one of the expansions came in from FFG and the main box I can get everything easily accessible in 2 boxes.  This includes the cones, fate and coins in their own container.  So the main box I put all the cards in minus the Adventure cards, which I bag and put into the package box with the boards, dragon tokens (in a velvet bag) and the token container.  The minis would also fit if put into a bag if need be.

I often take out 150 or so Adventure cards and put them in a separate bag and place them in the main board for the next game.

#7 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

I wish FFG would consider a Axis and Allies sized box that would have room for all the sups.

I find this line particularly ironic, considering FFG's recent and quite deliberate move away from their old "coffin boxes" to the now-standard squarish dimensions that Talisman and expansions use. ;)
  • rfisha likes this

#8 Artaterxes

Artaterxes

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

I keep all my expansions separate... I always introduce Talisman using the base game only, and we play it until people get familiar with it and actually request more content before moving onto expansions. (Usually after about 3 plays.) Considering we only play maybe once every month, that's a long time. Talisman took 7 years to get to this point! The introduction of expansions is pretty slow in my case.

As a result I travel with the base game 95% of the time, and in the rare case that I have to travel with expansions I just bring a bunch of boxes.

#9 ZeroGrim

ZeroGrim

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

I put the adventure cards, spells, dragon cards, dungeon cards, highland cards and most of the city cards in the second box with the extra maps and all the character models, everything else goes in the main box.

the dragon tokens go in the big groove, the sleeping tokens go with life and fate, all the odds and ends cards go in the main card holders.

#10 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

I use three large boxes.
The core game box for the core board, spells, counters, dice, character and alternate ending cards, Talisman cards, Warlock quests, quest rewards, purchase and stable decks, and alignment cards.
One box for all the adventure cards, Dragon tokens, and City decks as well as the Dungeon and Highland boards.
And one for all the character pieces, and the Dragon and City boards.

#11 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:55 AM

I use 2 large boxes. I have all the expansions including The Nether Realm and they fit well in two large boxes. All components are separated into nice, neat little zip lock baggies.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS