25 replies to this topic

#21 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

There were half-Eldar space marines?

Yes indeedy- at least one. He was a special character in 1st Ed- I think he was the main Librarian of the Ultramarines.

The fluff has changed just a wee bit since then...

#22 cpteveros

cpteveros

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

Oh man, old WH40k sounded like fun WH40k

#23 Angel of Death

Angel of Death

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

It was..  Then they started to change things

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

#24 Chaplain

Chaplain

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Warhammer 40 000, where golden age is long gone, everything is degrading and present is but a pale shadow of glorious past stays true to itself even when it comes to newer editions.

I am the man who arranges the blocks

#25 Terraneaux

Terraneaux

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

If I was playing with easily angered players, I'd be tempted to put a cat-person regiment into my OW game, just to annoy the people who take 40k too seriously.

#26 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

Imperial Guard beastmen do in fact look like the ones from fantasy. Or did, back when they were part of the Imperial Guard.

-Which was First Ed. (aka 'Rogue Trader') only. The reference to 'beastmen' in the Abhuman fluff section of the most recent TT rulebook is referencing the White Dwarf article I quoted, which makes it clear that Chaos-style goat-headed beastmen are never tolerated in the Imperium; they have gone the way of half-Eldar Space Marines...

I'm going to ignore this. I like my beastmen! D:

If I was playing with easily angered players, I'd be tempted to put a cat-person regiment into my OW game, just to annoy the people who take 40k too seriously.

Do it. Do it. Do it.

Some people so easily forget that the Imperium is a really big place, and with a wide range of acceptable and unacceptable behaviours based on a laundry-list of issues. People have a tendency to over-interpret certain aspects of the overall setting, whether it's Commissars being able to shoot things willy-nilly, Inquisitors being able to lord over anyone and anything at any point, or the murder of accepted abhumans.

Insert a full regiment of felinids, the 81st Black Cats, a mobile, stealth-based hunter-killer regiment specializing in widescale application of night-time melee attacks. If you need images, look at the Star Wars Cathar.

Gamergate Primer

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS