Enter the Unknown - Equipment

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:28 PM

Meh. I am not sure why everyone feels the axe/sword/spear need to be even? I think it should be a bit cheaper but it is what it is. I am sure you can find one for cheaper at a market that is inferior. Everyone needs to take into consideration storyline stuff too. You can easily use the staff for multiple uses, the axe and sword are pretty single use... axe more than sword.

Anyhow. Considering this is a thread on the Equipment from Enter the unknown. I present the weapon of my interest:

X-30 Lancer Blaster pistol
Ranged (Light)
5 Damage
4 Critical
Long Ranged
1 Encumberance
3 Hard Points
1,000 Credits
5 Rarity
LVL 1 Accurate
LVL 2 Pierce

Sorosuub X-30 Lancer Precision Blast Pistol. Designed with Competition shooters and pistol hunters in mind The lancer is optimized for range, accuracy and stopping power.

I only wish there was a drawing of it.

600px-SW-Vostokpistol.jpg

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#82 Haggard

Haggard

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

I was under the impression that you could always spend a Triumph to trigger a crit, even on weapons with no crit rating. Am I wrong?

EDIT: Although I do prefer the idea of working more along the lines of paralysis and working with the toxins.

I actually like this option quite a bit to reflect the fact that nonlethal weapons can still be dangerous and kill.  It's why some quarters of the industry started referring to them as "less-than-lethal" instead of "nonlethal" options IRL.  Under some circumstances I could see triggering a critical in this fashion on a Despair as well.

We tell each other the tales of heroes to remind ourselves that we, too, can be great.

#83 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

Depends on the non crit weapon.  I'd just as soon carry the Triumph option for Bolas over to the Net Gun and Glop Grenades, as opposed to causing a crit with a Triumph.  That, and since use of Triumphs is a choice and causing crits is a choice, why would someone use a non lethal weapon and then want to cause a crit anyway?

#84 Haggard

Haggard

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

A number of low-value crits are pretty good at impairing or incapacitating a target in and of themselves, and are relatively low-risk if you're not planning on stacking a bunch of Lethal Blows ranks onto the crit.  If a situation came down to letting a mark go and leaving them something to remember you by or better yet, want to seek medical attention for, it'd be worth invoking, and you're not likely to kill them unless they've already taken a number of crits.  I'll grant it's a niche situation but I can think of several scenarios where it might be handy.

For situations where it's more likely to cause trouble or represent a misfire or the like, invoking a Despair for a crit, while perhaps counterintuitive, could also be effective.  As long as it's a disadvantage to the party that made the skill check, obviously.

We tell each other the tales of heroes to remind ourselves that we, too, can be great.

#85 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

A Triumph on a Bola is better than any low level crit.

#86 FootNote

FootNote

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

600px-SW-Vostokpistol.jpg

Thats a bit disappointing.

"Everything Flows down leash...." -Anonymous 

FootNote's Custom Droids

#87 Haggard

Haggard

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

A Triumph on a Bola is better than any low level crit.

No doubt.  But sometimes people use weapons for concept instead of mechanics.

#88 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

Well there is the suggestion of "hobbling" a target with a shot to the leg for an example of what a Triumph can be spent on in combat

#89 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

Thats a bit disappointing.

Agreed.  Some alts I did in Pimpmygun

tumblr_n4ggjyBgvb1tyxfxjo1_1280.jpgtumblr_n4ggjyBgvb1tyxfxjo2_1280.jpgtumblr_n4gghrmlYn1tyxfxjo2_1280.jpg

#90 FootNote

FootNote

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

I like the bottom one, fits with the optics considering it has long range.

"Everything Flows down leash...." -Anonymous 

FootNote's Custom Droids

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS