Curious why only 4 dice were included?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mr W00

Mr W00

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

I am loving the game so far. But I have encountered many situations during battles that more than 4 dice were needed to complete the fight. We obviously re roll some of the dice to get the remaining results, but it slows down the flow of the game. I am just curious why more dice weren't included? I can't imagine the profit margin would have been ruined adding 2 or 3 more dice. And are spare dice going to be offered for sale?

#2 rapatpamp

rapatpamp

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

I have wondered this myself. FFG will probably come out with dice packs or something.

#3 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

Perhaps FFG is going to release a second starter box with two other factions and other accessories including dice so that it is a stand-alone product instead of an expansion to this base game.  (Pure speculation and I am dreaming)

• Julia likes this
Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#4 IraShaine1972

IraShaine1972

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

I hope for a dice booster but for now rerolling dice doesnt really impact my game flow at least not by more than 3 or 4 seconds. LOL.

#5 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

I agree with you but to have included...like 2 more dice wouldn't have bankrupt FFG and would have made all buyers a bit more happy.

Game is great anyways but more dice would've been great!

#6 JimmyS2

JimmyS2

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

I agree, I love the game but they went cheap on us with those dices. An extra Dice or two wouldn't have cost them much. At least you know that a dice pack is coming!

#7 guillaumetexas

guillaumetexas

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

Just like x-wing, they will probably release a separate dice set for Battlelore: link

#8 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

For my first few games, I was fine with 4 dice, but the more I play, the more annoying it is. I mean, usually when you need to roll 6 dice, most of the first roll have no effect, but yesterday I had a roll where every die did something and trying to keep track of it all took more effort than I wanted to expend. Is it doable? Sure. Would I prefer more dice? Yes.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#9 Boromir_and_kermit

Boromir_and_kermit

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

And there are the dice packs. Predictions correct. 12 dice will be much smoother to use. Its a shame there were only 4 in the base game. It was no where near enough.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS