Inquisition models

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodreaper

Bloodreaper

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

Not entirely related to this forum, but apparently there are rumours of new inquisitorial models for 40k. If anyone had a link to an actual discussion on this would be appreciated, my own attempts to find anything have been fruitless. Thanks.

Who are you going to believe, the nightly broadcast, or the battleship ready to rain destruction from orbit?

#2 Braddoc

Braddoc

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

I didn't heard anything about that; there IS a new digital only Inquisition codex, but I haven't heard of any new models apart from those on GW's site and they aren't new.

#3 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

There was a fair amount of talk about an upcoming Inquisition-based skirmish game from GW a little while back- I first heard it here. You would think that they would have tried to release it in time for the Christmas season, if the rumors were true...

I would absolutely love multi-part plastic kits for assembling customized Inquisitors and Acolytes.

#4 Brother Orpheo

Brother Orpheo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

I would absolutely love multi-part plastic kits for assembling customized Inquisitors and Acolytes.

Ditto.

(drooling at the thought)

=][=

#5 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

I just got reminded of this thread after seeing this on kickstarter:

http://www.kickstart...etop-miniatures

Given that one of the stretch goals (which seem quite attainable, judging by the numbers so far) includes adding sci-fi stuff to the builder, it should be possible to come up with a number of rather interesting combinations quite suitable for a game like this. :)

• Tenebrae and Cail like this
current 40k RPG character: Captain Elias, Celestial Lions Tactical Marine   
previous characters: Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader frigate Artemisia)

#6 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

Being able to 'compose' specific characters out of multi-part kits is one of my favorite parts of gaming:

pbCIFaM.jpg

• Lynata, Yivrael and Brother Orpheo like this

#7 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

I don't think this warrants a new thread, so I'll put it here (sorta-kinda related to new GW models...)- GW's latest financial statement just came out, and sales are way down:

http://www.belloflos...yearly.html?m=1

-I guess their policy of raising prices drastically out of step with inflation didn't work out too well...

• Tenebrae, Lynata, Angel of Death and 2 others like this

#8 Brother Orpheo

Brother Orpheo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

-I guess their policy of raising prices drastically out of step with inflation didn't work out too well...

Huh. Imagine that.

• Tenebrae, Lynata and Angel of Death like this

=][=

#9 Ghaundan

Ghaundan

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

If you need inquisitorial agents forgeworld has a few. This one is pretty good: http://www.forgeworl...ND-RETINUE.html

#10 Radwraith

Radwraith

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

Both the Grey knights army and the Adeptus Sororitas have a number of mini's that are dedicated to the Inquisition. Check it out:http://www.games-wor...GameStyle=wh40k

#11 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

If you need inquisitorial agents forgeworld has a few. This one is pretty good: http://www.forgeworl...ND-RETINUE.html

That's cool stuff, but like most Forge World models it has zero versatility. That's my favorite thing about multi-part plastics: you can tailor the figure to what you need in the game, rather than having the depiction dictated by whatever whim struck the sculptor.

• Lynata likes this

#12 Ghaundan

Ghaundan

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

Plastic IS easier to switch out parts, true. Best you can do with resin is to either heat it up to move/bend it. But it is easier to cut if you wish to remove a part and replace it with bitz from another kit. I do believe forgeworld also had another inquisitor kit that's out of production, but you might be able to find it on ebay.

#13 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Speaking of resin, I think that GW is abandoning 'Finecast'. From what I've seen on the InterWebs, Finecast- commonly nicknamed Failcast- was almost universally disliked by GW fans, which was probably a factor in their declining sales.

#14 Ghaundan

Ghaundan

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

I can understand why. It's flimsy, soft, can't stand heat etc. I'm  not sure how forgeworld finecast is, but privateerpress resin is alot more solid and almost plastic like.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS