Why I love this game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Orjo Creld

Orjo Creld

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

As a veteran of the d6 and d20 versions, I love how simple this edition is to play. In other iterations players had to remember to call for their bonuses, forgot you had one? tough. This game one simply tosses the die into the cup. Night? add a black, Cover? toss in another black. Roll. Assess in SW terms, game moves on. Love it.

• Josep Maria likes this

#2 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

As a veteran of the d6 and d20 versions, I love how simple this edition is to play. In other iterations players had to remember to call for their bonuses, forgot you had one? tough. This game one simply tosses the die into the cup. Night? add a black, Cover? toss in another black. Roll. Assess in SW terms, game moves on. Love it.

Welcome aboard!

• polyheadronman likes this

#3 DavetheLost

DavetheLost

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

My players love the dice system. One actually dislikes Star Wars but still loves playing.
We play a. Rey fast and loose free-wheeling style of game and the rules suit this to a T.

#4 Liberiton

Liberiton

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

I have been enjoying the system as well, sadly my group is rather slow learners. They still cannot get the concept of upgrading dice and half my time is asking them "now how many skill ranks/characteristic points do you have?" as they try to roll 2 boost dice to beat a hard difficulty. Thought that has nothing to do with the game system, we played D20 and they had an awful habit of not adding any ability bonus to attacks or damage. 

I actually had a self professed starwars non-lover recommend the game to me, unlike so many other systems it only took me about two days of reading/rereading to get a grasp on the system. 

I love the system so much I`m converting other settings to using the system. Won`t go into detail but there seems like little this system cannot do.

• polyheadronman likes this

"The Orcs let out a victory 'Woot'!"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS