Official Co-Op Descent with no Overlord

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Wuyley

Wuyley

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

Found this over at BGG. Apparently it was posted briefly on here and then pulled. Take from it what you will.

Edit: Cached Link

http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=de

Spoiler

Edited by Wuyley, 02 January 2014 - 04:23 PM.

• Robin and JSM3050 like this

#2 Shadin

Shadin

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

If they keep expanding on this idea beyond just being in Game Night Kits, I'll definitely pick the game back up.  I enjoy it normally, but it would've gotten a lot more play time had there been a cooperative mode for two players.

I know there's no grand plan here.  This is just the way it goes.

#3 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:18 AM

It would be an instant buy for me.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#4 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:47 AM

Could be fun. Curious to see more

#5 mulletcheese

mulletcheese

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

The article looked good while it lasted, FFG must have read my mind (or my post in the future of descent thread).

#6 GalaxyUC

GalaxyUC

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

Wow, so this is pretty awesome.

#7 frankelee

frankelee

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

I guess I'm on pace to buy everything they make for Descent anyways, but making a Warhammer Quest-like rules expansion is definitely something I would want to get. The campaigns are actually decently long and take awhile to go through, but this game could use some additional ways to play.

#8 Wuyley

Wuyley

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

Pictures are posted here:

http://boardgamegeek...402510#14402510

#9 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

some arts reminds me of RuneBound Midnight (for the dragon on Trash Heap)

but the real question is : why posting this, and after removing it ?

#10 Wuyley

Wuyley

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Probably just a mistake with the turn over of the year. They maybe have a sistem that auto uploads things at a certain time and having the year change to 2014 messed with it or something.

#11 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

so, some sort of spoil, then. It's ready, but not ready to be published ?

#12 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Based on what was quoted in the OP, it sounds like this announcement was intended to be aimed at store owners and otehr businesses who might want to run the 2014 Game Night.  I know FFG has a special account level for people who own gaming stores, etc.  My guess is that this was only supposed to be visible to those accounts, but it was accidentally made visible to everyone (and then fixed.)

The rest of us will no doubt see something very similar when this Game Night is scheduled to actually happen.

#13 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:54 AM

I hope this will eventually be freely available to all of us to purchase soon!  I guess it will be a Print On Demand add on.

Looks great.

#14 Wuyley

Wuyley

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Editted the original post with a cached link

#15 MarioFanaticXV

MarioFanaticXV

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

I hope this will eventually be freely available to all of us to purchase soon!  I guess it will be a Print On Demand add on.

Looks great.

How would a print on demand add on work with acrylic components? That seems prohibitively expensive for them to keep running.

#16 XmenDynasty

XmenDynasty

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

Perhaps Forgotten Souls will be released as a print-on-demand and the other products will be released as their own add-on kit.  This would be a good chance for them to provide additional green dice for those of us who are still waiting for them.  ;)

#17 Gray

Gray

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

Perhaps Forgotten Souls will be released as a print-on-demand and the other products will be released as their own add-on kit.  This would be a good chance for them to provide additional green dice for those of us who are still waiting for them.  ;)

from the newspage:

Even if you don’t attend a Game Night at your local retailer, the adventure included in Season One 2014 Descent Game Night Kits, Forgotten Souls, will be available to you via In-House Manufacturing after the kits are rotated out of circulation later in 2014.

no idea what will end up to buy later since there is more stuff in it than the usual POD-cards. if they can produce dice in-house now we might see more of them.

also, no date yet :mellow: but was about time for a pure descent co-op to show up - think I can wait a bit longer  ;)

#18 dancingcrab

dancingcrab

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

no idea what will end up to buy later since there is more stuff in it than the usual POD-cards. if they can produce dice in-house now we might see more of them.

also, no date yet :mellow: but was about time for a pure descent co-op to show up - think I can wait a bit longer  ;)

My assumption was that the dice were just fancy versions of regular blue dice. You know, like how they make the fancy versions of certain Netrunner cards for tournament prizes. This you wouldn't need them for the expansion.

#19 s1n

s1n

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

Looks great.

How would a print on demand add on work with acrylic components? That seems prohibitively expensive for them to keep running.

I bet the dice and acrylic tokens won't be included outside of the game night kits.

• rfisha likes this

#20 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

Looks great.

I bet the dice and acrylic tokens won't be included outside of the game night kits.

I assumed that would be the case...  Wouldn't mind if I was wrong!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS