Talisman: descent version

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Arroz2003

Arroz2003

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

How about descent but with talisman characters and a campaign series looking for the crown of command. Yes or no?
  • rfisha likes this

#2 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

After tax return I will be reviewing Descent and the D&D dungeon crawl games with the mini's which is similar to Descent, comparing them and asking for opinions on which is best.

But your idea sounds interesting, but never played Descent.

• rfisha likes this

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#3 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:53 AM

I own both games, really enjoy both.  I don't think it would be profitable for FFG, but as fan built expansion I would try it out! As Descent is technically based on the Runebound world, it kind of wouldn't fit in right with the other expansions.

Interesting idea, and can be really visualized.  Even the items could be ported over somewhat and some of the places could make their way onto the tiles.  It would be a lot of work with so many characters in Talisman!

#4 Arroz2003

Arroz2003

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Lol yes. It would have to be at and alone game or expansion. Kind of like relic. It's talisman. Same game system to a t. War hammer in talisman based gameplay. I would love to see talismans life expanded. FFg is good at expanding their franchises. Talisman is an obvious choice. It's been around forever and has a giant fan base.

#5 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

I doubt that it's worthwhile for FFG as an actual product, but it would be easy enough to do something like this as a homebrew project. Just find Talisman monsters that resemble Descent monsters (or find other monster figures to use as proxies) and use the Talisman characters as heroes.

Take Talisman cards and give them Descent rules, and then write up a campaign using the Quest Vault. I'd check it out.

#6 Artaterxes

Artaterxes

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Possible they would make a crossover with Talisman, but not necessarily Descent. Maybe some other game. I'm pretty sure Runebound and Descent were set in the same universe so they could save money on miniatures and concept art. :P

#7 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Possible they would make a crossover with Talisman, but not necessarily Descent. Maybe some other game. I'm pretty sure Runebound and Descent were set in the same universe so they could save money on miniatures and concept art. :P

That would be making a Talisman-style game in the Terrinoth setting, whereas the OP was talking about a Descent-style game in the Talisman setting.  There's no need to discuss a Descent-style game in the Terrinoth setting - that already exists! :P

As for the idea of remaking Runebound with Talisman mechanics.... meh.  Talisman is great and all, but I also like Runebound just the way it is.  I would be sad if RB3E was just a Talisman clone.

Even if we're talking about a different game that is Talisman in Terrinoth, but not a new edition of RB, I wouldn't be too enthused.  I haven't bought Relic because it's just a Talisman clone set in 40K, I probably wouldn't buy this game idea either.  Not to disparage Relic, but the original Talisman is good enough for me.

• DomaGB likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS