innate magic and defined magic projection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dylvan

Dylvan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

so i'm working a mage build that only uses only defined magic projection and has NO regular magic projection. my question is how would that work with maintaining an innate magic shield?

would i pay the zeon cost up front and then use the defined projection for the entire duration its maintained?

Edited by Dylvan, 30 December 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#2 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:19 AM

I usually allow ruling it so, although it is also possible that spending zeon each time the spell is projected would be more correct. Nevetheless, the wording of Arcana Exxet (at least in its Spanish version) clearly indicates that the additional zeon cost is spent when the spell is cast, not when it's projected. Now, I think this is just for turn maintained shields, but for daily or innately maintained shields it's a HUGE advantage. Anyway, that's just the way we rule it!

#3 Dylvan

Dylvan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:49 AM

thx. i was thinking that was how it would work but it seemed kinda strange.

#4 Arikail

Arikail

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:26 AM

You should probably ask your GM on that one. That question has been up for debate before, on at least the other forum, if not this one (I don't recall). There is no clear answer, as by the rules, it's how you've read it, but that gives a huge, potentially game-breaking advantage to longer shields, so at least some GM's house rule it to be a per-activation cost.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS