#21 TheRealStarkiller

TheRealStarkiller

Scourge Of The Galaxy

• Members
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

No, we want see some eyeball pilots first :P

• IvlerIin likes this

Sir, rebel transports sighted \                              / Affirmative.                                                           

(-o-)  (-o-)    (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)    (-o-)  (-o-) 

Excellent! Gamma wing, prepare for torpedo run. We'll provide cover.

|-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   (<o>)   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   

#22 Rodent Mastermind

Rodent Mastermind

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

I would love to see a "Rogues of the Galaxy"/"Trampfreighters" set gor the YT-1300, there are SO many named and modified YTs and YT pilots out there... Create half a dozen new pilots from the  EU (there are a lot of them named out there) Give them a variety of stats between the ORS and Falcon, some titles representing some of the cool special YT mods out there.. Would be awesome. Do the Falcon with a factory paint scheme. 

FalconArt.jpg

#23 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

For me the greatest issue is different PS values within a formation. I like the box formation with 4 fighters and thats the reason why I like to have 2 additional PS5 pilots.

For the PS7 or PS6 pilot an additional support/synergy ability would be nice. Just like you have suggested. Maybe it let you reroll 2 dice of a single ship in range 1-2.

While Howlrunner remains the 'Big Wing' supporter, we would get a small wing supporter as well.

How about...

Juno Eclipse

Tie Fighter Pilot [cost 17pts]

PS 7

Elite Pilot Talent

At the start of the activation phase select on friendly ship at range 1-2. Juno Eclipse may copy the pilot ability of that ship. (The target ship must be a tie-fighter and PS5 or PS6 pilot abilities may be copied).

Dark Curse, Backstabber, Night Beast and Winged Gundark get a potential doppleganger effect.

What is cool is the ability can change throughout the battle :)

Edited by The_Brown_Bomber, 10 January 2014 - 05:40 PM.

• TheRealStarkiller likes this

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#24 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

A tie-fighter pilot that passes damage to other friendly ships would be cool. Sort of a reverse Draw Their Fire where u can choose a ship at range one and give that ship damage (could be limited to crits or normal damage).

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#25 TheRealStarkiller

TheRealStarkiller

Scourge Of The Galaxy

• Members
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:44 AM

A tie-fighter pilot that passes damage to other friendly ships would be cool. Sort of a reverse Draw Their Fire where u can choose a ship at range one and give that ship damage (could be limited to crits or normal damage).

How about if a single crit would be reflected back on the attacker, then get a stress token. Of course you must be stress-free in doing so.

#26 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

How about if a single crit would be reflected back on the attacker, then get a stress token. Of course you must be stress-free in doing so.

i like what u r thinking but... this ability is considerably more powerful than Darth Vader (crew), being able to flip two cards and choose one to take as the crit might work - a reverse Maarek ability :)

Lord Vader

#27 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

The Empire Needs You!

• Members
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:07 AM

Tanbris wasn't a pilot at Yavin but he was a pilot previously.

Possible TIE pilots worth mentioning:

Black Eight Squadron - Darth Vader's 'personal shennanigans' unit from Force Unleashed. Presumably the force which ultimately became Black Squadron, so whether you want them to be a seperate entity is a fair question. Interestingly, Black Eight operated bombers, too, so PS6, EPT bombers would be cool. Especially if you made a 'Black Eight Squadron' pilot for both fighter and bomber - since you could have a title card which would strap to both (Ruthlessness, or some such).

Black Eight pilots known:

• Juno Eclipse
  • Redline
  • Nas Ghent
  • Chaser
  • Youngster

Additional 'Proper' Black Squadron Pilots

• Quorl (was at Yavin, was shot down but survived and showed up in the jungles menacing people and trying to get his fighter repaired)
  • Wampa (this is the reconstituted black squadron, based on the executor at Endor. He is black eleven - the name is of course the galaxy far, far away's version of 'Iceman' - so something to do with ignoring or getting rid of stress tokens would seem appropriate).

• TheRealStarkiller likes this

#28 TheRealStarkiller

TheRealStarkiller

Scourge Of The Galaxy

• Members
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

Cool, there we have the missing Back Eight pilots.

I hope we will get them in our decks some day :)

So all Blacks have flown Bombers as well? ... Backstabber in an Bomber anybody? ;)

The story about Quorl is a bit strange ... even more that we have the black 8 'full already'.

He was shot down and survived on Yavin?? We all know that if you are shot down in an eyeball, it will explode to dust.

And wasn't Yavin a gas giant anyway?

#29 Rodent Mastermind

Rodent Mastermind

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

So all Blacks have flown Bombers as well? ... Backstabber in an Bomber anybody? ;)

The story about Quorl is a bit strange ... even more that we have the black 8 'full already'.

He was shot down and survived on Yavin?? We all know that if you are shot down in an eyeball, it will explode to dust.

Tycho has been shot down while in an Eyeball too and survived (by his own X-Wing none-the-less)...

#30 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

The Empire Needs You!

• Members
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

Black Eight squadron is not called that because it's eight strong. It's the 8th/61st - in the same way that Saber Squadron is the 2nd/181st (Fel commands Saber Squadron, not the full 181st). TIE squadrons are 12 strong as standard (given Vader's formation, apparently flying in flights of 3 for Black Squadron).

The bomber-related comments come from the Force Unleashed books, where Juno reflects on stuff the Black Eight did for Vader, which included precision strikes to bring down a world's planetary shield by bombing a reactor, and dropping the power grid. And killing quite a lot of people with leaked radiation (you can guess how much Vader cared about that). There's no specific indication that the 61st as stationed on the Death Star also had bombers but I guess there's no reason not to. However, I'd rather have different pilots than have the same pilot in multiple fighters (just personal preference) - although I imagine it's something we'll get used to seeing with Rebel Aces, since quite a lot of characters should be moved into X-wings to allow you to do 'Proper' Rogue Squadron.

Nor are all the Black Squadron pilots contemporaries. Redline was Black Eight Leader after Juno left, and I think Ghent was his replacement after he was killed (Black Squadron pilots having a similar life expectancy to anyone else in Vader's immediate vicinity). Certainly there's no reason to believe any of the five were still around by the time of Yavin.

Quorl was a DS-61 pilot during the battle of Yavin - his TIE took a hit but not an instantly fatal one and he managed to make it to Yavin's moon (sorry, wasn't clear), and crashed in the jungle. He survived for quite a few years and ultimately ended up taking jedi students hostage when Luke reopened the academy there. He's essentially the TIE version of the 'Japanese Pilot stranded on Pacific Island who doesn't know the war is over'.

Wampa is equally not a contemporary, because (Quorl aside) every DS-61 pilot except Vader is killed at Yavin. When he flies, at Endor, he is apparently DS-61-11, Black Eleven (see comment about 12-ship squadrons above).

Tycho has been shot down while in an Eyeball too and survived (by his own X-Wing none-the-less)...

He has indeed, whilst pretending to be an Imperial pilot. I think it was Winter who was flying it?

#31 Rodent Mastermind

Rodent Mastermind

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:00 AM

He has indeed, whilst pretending to be an Imperial pilot. I think it was Winter who was flying it?

That's what he claims, but I still think it was his R2 unit.

#32 mazz0

mazz0

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:44 AM

Garven works best of course with pilots who can use the Focus in conjunction with another ability, or bouncing them around to craft with equal or lesser pilot skill. Him and "Dutch" are a really super solid combo when paired with nearly any other ship, especially a Moldy Crow HWK with a turret.

But then haven't you then concocted a squad of nothing but support ships with no really great offence?  Wedge instead of the HWK or something?

#33 Rodent Mastermind

Rodent Mastermind

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

Garven works best of course with pilots who can use the Focus in conjunction with another ability, or bouncing them around to craft with equal or lesser pilot skill. Him and "Dutch" are a really super solid combo when paired with nearly any other ship, especially a Moldy Crow HWK with a turret.

But then haven't you then concocted a squad of nothing but support ships with no really great offence?  Wedge instead of the HWK or something?

Not really, your just doubling up all your tokens which is great, Even support ships can do a fair amount of damage if they are TL and Focusing every turn. I've been running something similar and it's been doing very well.

#34 mazz0

mazz0

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:57 AM

Not really, your just doubling up all your tokens which is great, Even support ships can do a fair amount of damage if they are TL and Focusing every turn. I've been running something similar and it's been doing very well.

Cool - I'll give it a try.  Maybe a turret on Dutch too?

EDIT: Heh, off topic much...

Edited by mazz0, 13 January 2014 - 05:57 AM.

#35 Asgo

Asgo

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:26 AM

from my perspective there are already more than enough named TIE pilots, most of them I never heard of before the game (never really followed the more imperial side books/stories).

As mentioned, the mostly nameless/faceless character of the imperial side fits the theme well and also somewhat integrated in the ship costs of the basic game mechanics.

But that's just my view, depending on personal preferences that might look different.

From the selling perspective, I don't doubt that at some time we see another TIE as a repaint or a package with some other ship and they won't offer it without a new unique pilot.

(at least not unless the game dies first. ;) )

#36 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

The Empire Needs You!

• Members
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

Well, a lot of the smaller imperial capital ships (the things you might see as a counterpart to the transport) have the potential to carry TIE fighters on external racks, so it wouldn't surprise me to see some with that, if we ever get a Carrack or similar.

#37 TheRealStarkiller

TheRealStarkiller

Scourge Of The Galaxy

• Members
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

It would be completely OK if there where a second edition of the TIE Fighter expansion, including pilots from above.

No need for further repaints for the Empire ....

This don't goest for the bounty hunters of course. I'd buy a Krassis Trelix or Kath Scarlet version of the Firespray.

Maybe I could repaint them by myself ... but I'd probably mess them up. Lets see.... Maybe I'll give it a try

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS