How to deal with Wotan / Off the Grid?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

Emergency Shutdown is the best solution to Wotan.  Crescentus can work, but means you actually have to break it.

Forged Activation Orders can help as well if you know it's coming.

Given that the combo is Wotan+Off the Grid, I'm wagering that Wotan is on HQ.

If I were holding an ESD, I'd consider making the sacrifices to the Allfather if that meant getting into HQ.

And lose the ESD to brain damage?

Depending on my hand size. I said I'd consider it, I didn't say it was a great plan. :P  The one and only time I've done it was when I was playing a goofy monolith deck and I had a Net Shield that came preinstalled with it, so I had at least one prog I didn't care about.

#22 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

if you really have to, you can consider suffering all 4 of wotan's challenges to get pass and grab that 3 point agenda, especially if you would win the game because of it

Edited by Duraham, 02 March 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#23 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

if you really have to, you can consider suffering all 4 of wotan's challenges to get pass and grab that 3 point agenda, especially if you would win the game because of it

Several other people already mentioned that last month.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS