Are these standard-sized cards?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 INtheShadowplay

INtheShadowplay

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:39 PM

Hi, new to the game. Actually have the core set and the first 2 expansions heading to me in the mail. I wanted to get some sleeves, but I want to make sure they're going to be the right size. Same dimensions as MTG?

ITT: Neckbeards use the powers of Autism and a thesaurus to respond to you.

#2 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

Yes, all LCGs produced by FFG has the same card size as most CCGs such as MTG.

• INtheShadowplay likes this
Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#3 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

Just get some Star Wars sleeves from FFG and you won't have to worry ... ;)

Welcome to the machine!

#4 INtheShadowplay

INtheShadowplay

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

Hi, thanks so much for replying to anwer my question, guys! I definitely plan on buying some of the art sleeves from FFG, but the ones I want aren't out yet. They look amazing! Picked up some Deck Protector stuff to keep my cards safe until then. My core set, BotF, and EoD expansions are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and I'm excited to dive into the game. I used to play SW:CCG from Decipher way back, so it's awesome that there's a game with good mechanics in the Star Wars universe again.

#5 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

If you liked SWCCG, then you will like this game. The play is elegant but not as complex. It might feel a little less Star Wars-y, as it is possible for an x-wing to strike against a Rancor, for example, but the game is fairly streamlined and a ton of fun ATM.

Not certain where you are located or if you play online, but I am in CO and play on OCTGN with the same handle. LMK if you are looking to have someone walk you through the game. If the online thing is not your bit, we can play over skype (sort of like playing CCG over AIM) using the video.

Welcome to the machine!

#6 FiendishDevil

FiendishDevil

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

I updated my mega thread to include in-depth info on sleeving for this game.

Check it out here.

#7 INtheShadowplay

INtheShadowplay

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

If you liked SWCCG, then you will like this game. The play is elegant but not as complex. It might feel a little less Star Wars-y, as it is possible for an x-wing to strike against a Rancor, for example, but the game is fairly streamlined and a ton of fun ATM.

Not certain where you are located or if you play online, but I am in CO and play on OCTGN with the same handle. LMK if you are looking to have someone walk you through the game. If the online thing is not your bit, we can play over skype (sort of like playing CCG over AIM) using the video.

Cool, after I get the hang of the game I'm definitely up for some Skype gameplay (I'm in San Diego, so I might not be able to make it out to CO for a game, haha). I've got a few friends that are going to give the game a shot with me, so it shouldn't take long for me to get up to speed. Haven't used OCTGN, but I'll check it out.

I updated my mega thread to include in-depth info on sleeving for this game.

Check it out here.

Your thread is great and thanks for the info! Just ordered another Core Set and Edge of Darkness thanks to it.

#8 UncleO

UncleO

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

im new to the game and to OCTGN also so if you want o flubb around both a bit im available.  Screen name on OCTGN is same as this one

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS