Playing Online?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Arromir

Arromir

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

My brother and I are big fans of this game, but since I'm currently staioned overseas it'll be a long while before we can play again. I'm just wondering if anyone has put together a program to play online, something like what's available for AGOT. If anyone has any info on something like that it would be greatly appreciated. :)

#2 Boronind

Boronind

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

OCTGN is pretty amazing

#3 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

Octgn.net has the game client app, and octgngames.com is where you'll find out how to add LotR LCG to OCTGN. It's a pretty nice app.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#4 Arromir

Arromir

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Thanks guys, just what I was looking for.

#5 Legoland

Legoland

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

Oh very interresting - I have to take a look too!
I also found Vasal! Is it better or worst than OCTGN?

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” LotR The fellowship of the ring

#6 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:18 AM

I have experience in OCTGN and it always runs good. You can play with lots of gamers around the world in any hour. You can meet with your friends by online if you can't physically. Also, you can know new gamers, but lotr is not too usually than netrunner or magic. But it is good, if you have patience you just get playing.

A few time ago, i tried Lackey, but it runs slowly and it seems have problems, and a very few gamers. OCTGN i think is better.

If you are thinking to play OCTGN..., let's go! Welcome!!! If lotr has more players online, it surely becomes funnier, and easier to play as a world-player-community

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#7 Legoland

Legoland

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

I tried it a few times but find it very difficult to create the decks. Long lists of cards makes me loose fancy...

Maybe a card game (sorting and admire the cards :wub: ) can not replace a real card game to me :D

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” LotR The fellowship of the ring

#8 MathGuru83

MathGuru83

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

If anyone is looking for LOTR friends on OCTGN then add me username MathGuru83. I just downloaded and tried the first 3 scenarios solo. Your right, the tool is pretty awesome

#9 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

Legoland, you can create your player decks manually and after, make them in octgn by name filter... :rolleyes:

Welcome MathGuru83, sure i will...!

Edited by Mndela, 08 January 2014 - 03:44 AM.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#10 Kepagt

Kepagt

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

Legoland, you can  import decks from cardgamedb.com or just use search option an octgn and make decks. I have greated decks to cardgamedb and after then i have imported them to the octgn :)

Edited by Kepagt, 08 January 2014 - 04:21 AM.

#11 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Is there a way to play this game on an android tablet?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS