Polish FAQ 3.0

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

Yeahhhhh.....it doesn't look too great when the person in charge of changing and updating the rules is also winning torneys based on those rules changes. Appearances.

#62 meggypeggs

meggypeggs

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

Yeahhhhh.....it doesn't look too great when the person in charge of changing and updating the rules is also winning torneys based on those rules changes. Appearances.

That is why we are running the official 2.2 at our event.

#63 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:45 AM

I'm not "in charge" of the rules changes, but ok. Second and third place (Wurrzag and Dwarf decks) were albo members of the FAQ team, most of the team are just very good players who usually rank up high. I'm the one with more luck than skills :P Although on the regional tournament before in Gdańsk I was fifth with Wurrzag deck ;)

#64 meggypeggs

meggypeggs

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:39 AM

I am glad that the Polish FAQ has worked out for you chaps.

The rest of the polish community outside the FAQ members group must be thrilled to have you guys state what card/rule changes you come up with  ;)

#65 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:55 AM

FAQ team was chosen by representatives of the cities with highest players population. It's not like we appointed ourselves or something. Here are the results:

1. Virgo - Skven
2. Stach - Orc
3. Drumdar - Dwarf
4. Raskoks - Skaven
5. SOS - Chaos
6. Germanus - Orc
7. Keil - Dwarf
8. Przemo - Empire

Funny thing is if I haven't won Wurrzag would have and it would be like: oh noes, orcs are too powerful, they didn't nerf them, if the dwarfes have won: I knew they will be the strongest now after DE nerf etc.

The only races not in the top8 are: DE and HE. Only three people decided to take both DE and HE and that may be the factor why they weren't present (also if most of the top players took orc, dwarf or skaven it's no wonder that there are 2 of each in top8).

Edited by Virgo, 20 January 2014 - 04:58 AM.

• gertat likes this

#66 Djibi

Djibi

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

Just to let you know, this is the official response did to french translaters who saw that a part was missing in the text of clanrat clawleader :

Clanrat clawleader should say : "put into play from your hand as an attacker"

• Rodzyn and JimmyK like this

#67 Rodzyn

Rodzyn

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

The rest of the polish community outside the FAQ members group must be thrilled to have you guys state what card/rule changes you come up with  ;)

Actually we're pretty happy with that faq, and the work guys put in it. They're not self appointed Chosen ones - they're representatives of most important gaming centres. So i would appreciated if you stop bullsh&^& with that "good for you" stuff - it is offensive for whole community:/

At least we're not giving up, and we try to keep the game alive and enjoy it for as long as we can.

Just to let you know, this is the official response did to french translaters who saw that a part was missing in the text of clanrat clawleader :

Clanrat clawleader should say : "put into play from your hand as an attacker"

I do agree that that should be actual wording on this card. Maybe we will see it soon enough. Btw it's a shame that ffg couldn't come up with the Faq for the product they're selling, correcting mistakes they've made. It is just a sloppy work.

I was in Krakow last weekend, and I can assure you that the final could look different if not for some badluck at crucial moments.

As for DE & HE - Therre were just too few experienced players running this decks on Saturday to accomplish sth significant. With the TOP8 after the swiss rounds - it wasn't easy to get through.

The only races not in the top8 are: DE and HE.

There were none of Undead, WE & LIzardmen as well. - as they were not represented t the tournament. ;)

As for Top8 - it's not a matter of races - it is a matter of players - not one of finalists was there by accident. All of them are experienced and accomplished WHI players. It is, after all, not a car, but the driver that matters.

Edited by Rodzyn, 20 January 2014 - 07:23 AM.

#68 meggypeggs

meggypeggs

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

Actually we're pretty happy with that faq, and the work guys put in it. They're not self appointed Chosen ones - they're representatives of most important gaming centres. So i would appreciated if you stop bullsh&^& with that "good for you" stuff - it is offensive for whole community:/

At least we're not giving up, and we try to keep the game alive and enjoy it for as long as we can.

I think you are taking my words a little too serious and glad you are happy with it. It was more of an amusing comment though apologies if you have taken it the wrong way.

Similar to others viewing the results, it simply raises a smile on my face on a Monday morning. :)

Our community are fine (and happy) using the current OFFICIAL FAQ.

We have read the Polish FAQ though it doesn't matter as we don't feel the need to use it (sorry as we feel we are missing out on nothing).

We are also keeping the game alive in our own way, and although we don't have the same numbers as the Polish community doesn't mean we care less about the game than you.

Edited by meggypeggs, 20 January 2014 - 08:48 AM.

• Doc9 likes this

#69 Rodzyn

Rodzyn

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

"I think you are taking my words a little too serious and glad you are happy with it. It was more of an amusing comment though apologies if you have taken it the wrong way."

Yep, perhaps I did, but anyway no apologies are necessary.

"Our community are fine (and happy) using the current OFFICIAL FAQ."

And this is awesome. seriously. for you.

"We have read the Polish FAQ though it doesn't matter as we don't feel the need to use it (sorry as we feel we are missing out on nothing)."

I certainly will not try to convince you to use this FAQ - just do what you think is right for your community.

"We are also keeping the game alive in our own way, and although we don't have the same numbers as the Polish community doesn't mean we care less about the game than you."

It seems it's my turn for apologizing:) I didn't meant to offend you/any other community in any way. The numbers aren't that important to me , and i know that there are several people who care about the game and its future. Having that said - i do believe that memebers of particular community know what are the strong/weak links in "Invasion chain" in their metas - so if the game is "broken" from our perspectibve, and publisher cannot come up with the solution - should we do nothing about it and ruin the experience?

I am pleased to hear that French translators fixed Clawleader, but i would expect it to have been done by ffg.

cheers

#70 meggypeggs

meggypeggs

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

:) Glad that's cleared up.

Having that said - i do believe that memebers of particular community know what are the strong/weak links in "Invasion chain" in their metas - so if the game is "broken" from our perspectibve, and publisher cannot come up with the solution - should we do nothing about it and ruin the experience?

We should.

Edited by meggypeggs, 20 January 2014 - 09:51 AM.

• Rodzyn likes this

#71 Djibi

Djibi

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

@ rodzyn

French translators didnt fix clawleader by themselves, they have asked to FFG. So it's official that you should read : "Put into play from your hand"

• JimmyK likes this

#72 Rodzyn

Rodzyn

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

That's even better.

But still they (FFG) should come up with the official FAQ instead of doing nothing in that area. Even few posts on official FFG forum would do, wouldn't it?

#73 Happyhours

Happyhours

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

As for desertion: Yeah, for the neutral factions, that's a hard one. The question is, if players want to include this card for 4 of 10 matchups. So I'm not sure if it's too good at the moment. But I agree, that it is a card that has to be observed in next time.

Personally I think, that Paranoia is even more important to change due to the neutral factions. That card can be good against standard races too and is a 1 cost kill for any unit in a neutral deck.

Desertion is a hard one, and that's good, I feel. Play some games against Undead opening with Drakenhof Castle (or worse, Remote Monastery) in Kingdom and Vlad in the next turn. This is already pretty strong, and once Undead players have a bit more experience and tuned their decks, we'll be happy to have a silver bullet against this setup.

And what about that : "Limited. Action : Each player chooses and sacrifices a neutral card he controls that does not share the racial affiliation of its controller's capital (you choose first)" ?

1) It still kills villages, Remote monastery, artefacts, heroic task, etc...  

2) Its not like : you play a support ? I kill it for 1. A unit ? I kill it for 1.

3) It becomes better against Skaven, the only neutral faction who doesn't care about desertion, because of 6 0-cost units in every deck.

4) Neutral factions can play desertion !

5) Come on, for the fluff !

#74 Germanus

Germanus

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Hi,

i think that in Cracov was so many Skaven because:

- this is best new faction, and players want to play something new

- in FAQ 3.0 (pl) DE are not so good and that means that is good time to rush decks ;)

#75 Maik

Maik

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

As for desertion: Yeah, for the neutral factions, that's a hard one. The question is, if players want to include this card for 4 of 10 matchups. So I'm not sure if it's too good at the moment. But I agree, that it is a card that has to be observed in next time.

Personally I think, that Paranoia is even more important to change due to the neutral factions. That card can be good against standard races too and is a 1 cost kill for any unit in a neutral deck.

Desertion is a hard one, and that's good, I feel. Play some games against Undead opening with Drakenhof Castle (or worse, Remote Monastery) in Kingdom and Vlad in the next turn. This is already pretty strong, and once Undead players have a bit more experience and tuned their decks, we'll be happy to have a silver bullet against this setup.

And what about that : "Limited. Action : Each player chooses and sacrifices a neutral card he controls that does not share the racial affiliation of its controller's capital (you choose first)" ?

1) It still kills villages, Remote monastery, artefacts, heroic task, etc...  

2) Its not like : you play a support ? I kill it for 1. A unit ? I kill it for 1.

3) It becomes better against Skaven, the only neutral faction who doesn't care about desertion, because of 6 0-cost units in every deck.

4) Neutral factions can play desertion !

5) Come on, for the fluff !

I did not plan to post in this thread again, but a direct question is a good excuse to forget about that plan :)

Your proposal for a changed Desertion looks good, but I would prefer to play the game for some time to determine whether that change is really necessary. As far as I know, Desertion was not played a lot at tournaments so far (in spite of worthwhile targets like Blood Dragon Knights and the Artefacts), so let's give the new meta some time to adjust to the Hidden Kingdoms content.

From my point of view, the real potential for fun decks with the new neutral factions lies in mixing them up with the core factions, and that has not really been explored so far. Maybe some of these fun decks will turn out to be very powerful (judging from experience, those certainly won't be my own decks...), and that's when I would start to consider changing Desertion.

Until then, let's be players, not developers. If I had to run a tournament right now, in addition to I'd just nerf the unfun combos (i.e. limit on Barbed Snares, Chaos only for Summons) and see what happens.

• meggypeggs and Junglecat like this

#76 meggypeggs

meggypeggs

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:32 AM

Until then, let's be players, not developers. If I had to run a tournament right now, in addition to I'd just nerf the unfun combos (i.e. limit on Barbed Snares, Chaos only for Summons) and see what happens.

Excellent point Maik. 

#77 Zygi

Zygi

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

As a funny conclusion to this thread (this will be my last post here, anyway), here are some results from the Polish Regional at Cracow this weekend, using the carefully balanced FAQ 3.0:

With 39 player, the best of 3 Dark Elven decks ended at place 21. The worst of 8 Skaven decks ended at place 14. The winning deck was Skaven, and the winner was ... (drum roll) ... Virgo!

Mission accomplished, I'd say.

In December there was a regional tournament (46players)  in Gdańsk= before faq 3.0
There was ONE scaven player. He have won every game during swiss (6/0/0) and ended at place 9 - he lost with a combo DE and was drunk ;p if he hadn't drunk that much beer after 5th round, it is probable that he would have been ~4  

#78 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

A funny story about the new Polish FAQ:

We used this new FAQ in our WH:I Loot blowout/Long Winter tourney this past weekend in Louisville. I was up against an Orc odd/even deck and my opponent plays Warpstone Excavation. I tell him that as per the FAQ this card is Skaven only. We both sit in silence for a few seconds and I really didn't feel like DQ'ing him or having him re-do his whole deck right in the middle of our match. He had one resource left and I just said; "How about you pay one resource for it and we call it good?" He agreed and the game went on! I won that game!

• SeanXor likes this

"Not all heros dwell in the light. Some limp in shadow." - Paul S. Kemp

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS