Hypothetical question, trying to work out the max number of mutations/gift of the gods that a character can get. I think it can only be done as a human as I haven't looked at it with Chaos Marines.
I'm working on the following logic:
- Humans generate gifts of the gods naturally at 10, 20 40, 60 and 80 corruption.
- Alignments are tested to gods every 10 CPs
- Losing alignment to a god auto incurs a roll on the table as per p82.
- Ignore the EXP requirements or the need to get the relevant alignment shifting elements between levels. Thats exempt.
- As I understand it, marks are gained for taking five advancements from a Gods path than any other. This however also ties back into the previous assumption.
10 - First human gift also align character to a god.
20 - Second human gift, maintain alignment
30 - Leave alignment, punishment from gods.
40 - Third human gift, regain alignment to a god.
50 - Leave alignment, punishment from gods.
60 - Fourth human gift, regain alignment to a god.
70 - Leave alignment, punishment from gods.
80 - Fifth human gift, regain alignment to a god.
90 - Leave alignment, punishment from gods.
100 - N/A (Character ascends/mutates to a spawn.)
So I work out a maximum of nine "gifts". I am aware that playing the system like this is massive power gaming and might end up being punished by the Gods for trying to manipulate their blessings etc. and most GMs would throw a huge brick or rock at someone for daring it. Is this logic even partially correct? Just trying to understand more about the system and such. Also working on random NPCs to see if I can corrupt one to hell!
Edited by Calgor Grim, 26 December 2013 - 02:00 PM.