The Achilus Assault and Space Hulks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jetpack

Jetpack

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

My understanding is that The Achilus Assault has more information on the Space Hulk Mortis Thule.

Does anyone have The Achilus Assault that can indicate how many pages cover the Mortis Thule?  I'm curious how much detail is provided.

Thanks!

#2 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

Achilus Assault contain around 5 pages of information about Mortis Thule plus one page about specialiced drone, 

Erioch-pattern Fire Wasp, used to explore Hulks.

• Jetpack likes this
Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

#3 Brother Anselm

Brother Anselm

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

our kill team has just crashed into the damn thing, limited ammo and a severely wounded watch captain to carry around. fun times all round.

#4 Alrik Vas

Alrik Vas

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

My group in OW is about to get shot into a space hulk via boarding torpedoes.  I feel like a trapped rat already.

#5 WilliamAsher

WilliamAsher

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:22 AM

LOL.  My Rogue Trader group doesn't know it yet, but they are going to have to deal with a space hulk being aimed at their primary colony world.  It should be interesting to see what they end up doing. 

#6 Askold

Askold

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:02 AM

My group in OW is about to get shot into a space hulk via boarding torpedoes.  I feel like a trapped rat already.

Regular guardsmen in a space hulk...

I can see that becoming a nightmare. Also extremely cool in a horror story way.

I can believe guardsmen being sent to do the finishing touches in cleaning up a hulk after the Astartes have gone through it and killed most of the enemies in there. In fact, considering the treasures a hulk contains the Imperium would propably not mind losing a regiment or two if they can salvage the ships and technology inside the hulk.

Actually, I think that Adeptus mechanicus and the navy would also be involved (And unless I'm mistaken the Marines are allowed to loot at least some of the stuff they find from a hulk) so this could create an interesting roleplay scenario as several forces are involved in the reclaiming of the hulk. A hulk already has so many different horrors to throw at the poor Guardsmen but when you add all the rivalries and misunderstandings that can occur it becomes equally wonderful and horrible scenario with so many ways to play out.

• pearldrum1 likes this

#7 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

If anyone is interested, I created some 'space hulk vermin' to use as random encounters; they are posted here.

• Jetpack and pearldrum1 like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS