• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 baconace

baconace

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hey all,

I recently stated playing Descent 2E (not having played 1st ed) and had a quick rules question.  I’ve looked around already and checked the FAQ but can’t find the answer.  When going from Encounter 1 to Encounter 2 in the same quest what, if anything, is reset at the beginning of Encounter 2?  Are the hero’s health and stamina kept from Encounter 1?  Search cards as well?  I’m guessing that they hero players states remain the same but I can’t find anything in the rules book, quest guide, or FAQ that states this unless I just plain missed it.

Thanks

#2 mytsos

mytsos

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

Check page 18 on rulebook

• Heroes keep all damage suffered during Encounter 1.
• Heroes recover all fatigue suffered during Encounter 1.
• Heroes keep all conditions they had at the end of Encounter 1.
• Each hero player flips his Hero sheet faceup.
• Heroes keep all search cards; any flipped cards remain flipped.
• Any knocked out heroes may perform a stand up action for free.
• The overlord player keeps his current hand of Overlord cards.
• Players disassemble the map for Encounter 1 and refer to the Quest
Guide in order to set up the map for Encounter 2.

#3 baconace

baconace

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

Ah crap!  So I did miss it.  Thanks for pointing it out.

#4 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

Note that KOed heroes recover all fatigue and perform the standup for free (with only health to gain, as all stamina is restored).

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#5 griton

griton

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

Note that KOed heroes recover all fatigue and perform the standup for free (with only health to gain, as all stamina is restored).

This is a rather important point, and the stand-up action really should be listed before the recover fatigue part, but this is something we've heard from FFG and not something Robin is just making up. ;-)

Cheers!

#6 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

This is a rather important point, and the stand-up action really should be listed before the recover fatigue part, but this is something we've heard from FFG and not something Robin is just making up. ;-)

Cheers!

Hee hee.  ;)

On points such as that one, I would not venture to make up things. :rolleyes:

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#7 hrhead

hrhead

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

Don't feel bad about missing it. I'm new too and although this is a second edition rule book, it's often not organized well. Topics are hard to find and the index in the back is pathetic. I downloaded the PDF, and I use something like the iBook reader to search the whole thing. I find that to be a big help.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS