4th corner soon...13 box for Talisman?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

Interesting that new Firelands expansion for Talisman has got catalogue number TM11 and POD The Nether Realm exp. uTM13. They left TM12 for the 4th corner and I hope we can get it in 2014. Another thing is that main Talisman box has TM02 and Upgrade Pack TM02a. If they add uTM13 for The Nether Realm maybe we can expect another one official box TM13  - an expansion that depends on other expansions? Can't wait to see!

Ps. Regarding 4th corner the only one Dragon card from 2nd edition that is not included in current edition is... Sea Dragon!

Edited by Croonos, 23 December 2013 - 03:17 AM.

#2 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

That is something I had not really noticed before. So I took a look too.

The main set, the first one /and/ revised is TM 02, so I guess the original set was TM01?

While I share some interest in an ocean or sea board or theme, The Sea Dragon does not have to appear in future sets, else it supports the idea that the Timescape may return too, since it was also a 2nd edition set.

But perhaps the Nether Realm, to some degree, will replace some of Timescape's themes and cards, etc.

I am curious about the small letter  ' u ', in uTM13.

Since the upgrade pack, TM02a, has the small letter at the end, that supposes it has 'post' data for the game, as in upgrade.

Whereas with a small letter u, before the regular numbering, could presuppose something that is ahead of a "regular" set TM13.

Some interesting sleuthing there!

any one else have thoughts?

#3 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

That is something I had not really noticed before. So I took a look too.

The main set, the first one /and/ revised is TM 02, so I guess the original set was TM01?

While I share some interest in an ocean or sea board or theme, The Sea Dragon does not have to appear in future sets, else it supports the idea that the Timescape may return too, since it was also a 2nd edition set.

But perhaps the Nether Realm, to some degree, will replace some of Timescape's themes and cards, etc.

I hope for the 4th corner with a new board mechanic (like Timescape) because the same board as previous would be boring... Sea and Islands theme seems perfect for it!
Finally I think they prepare an expansion which requires base game with all other expansions (like in Arkham) but The Nether Realm shows that we can expect lots of POD expansions with new thematic cards and quests!

#4 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

If they add uTM13 for The Nether Realm maybe we can expect another one official box TM13...

If you check out other POD expansions, they all have the "u" prefix and have a unique number.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#5 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:15 AM

If they add uTM13 for The Nether Realm maybe we can expect another one official box TM13...

If you check out other POD expansions, they all have the "u" prefix and have a unique number.

I was looking at it like a clue. I had not idea it was normal for POD.  Still it is interesting how the numbers have left a "space" open.

#6 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

Oh indeed. :)

#7 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'd bet me granny i will be a forest board.

I am hoping we will get an epic expansion down the line similar to The dragon but for Daemons and other worlds, and another for undead.

#8 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

Quote: I'd bet me granny i will be a forest board.

I will think you will be lovely as a Forest board. :D

Edited by DomaGB, 28 December 2013 - 08:22 PM.

• JediKnightAmoeba likes this

#9 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

Mommy! Can I be a Forest Board too?

#10 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

Quote: Mommy! Can I be a Forest Board too?

Only if you let the other children roll dice on you dear.

Edited by DomaGB, 29 December 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#11 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

Quote: I'd bet me granny i will be a forest board.

I will think you will be lovely as a Forest board. :D

:D Damm you dodgy foreign cheap keyboard.  Silly me.

Seriously though I would make an awesome corner expansion!

Notable locations would be Kebab vans for life replenishment (Or poisoning), A pub where you are drunk on a roll of 1-5, Psychic Combat with mother in law encounters, side quests taking the kids to their many clubs (losing your gold in the process) and spaces where you miss turns doing jobs issued by the wife.

• DomaGB likes this

#12 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

If nothing else it might make a great expansion to the City Board :  Suburbs!

#13 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

Ps. Regarding 4th corner the only one Dragon card from 2nd edition that is not included in current edition is... Sea Dragon!

I couldn't really say much before, but the artist Chris Burdett has made mention of this "missing" Dragon, and how it features in the new Nether Realm expansion for Talisman!

#14 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

I couldn't really say much before, but the artist Chris Burdett has made mention of this "missing" Dragon, and how it features in the new Nether Realm expansion for Talisman!

Yes but anyway... thanks for another clue! It is alomst clear now!  ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS