Dark Heresy Sherlock Holmes

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lord inquisitor Iannise

lord inquisitor Iannise

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

Hey guys i wanted to make Sherlocken style adept any tips or builds that would help with that?

Edited by lord inquisitor Iannise, 22 December 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#2 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

I tried doing this with Arbitrator. It doesn't work. Not efficiently anyway. Perception is too expensive and Lore skills to sparse..

A Verispex Adept (BoJ) would be the easiest way to do this if you don't mind the fluff part.

A Cleric version (a la Name of the Rose) will also work, esp. with that background package from the IH, what's it called.

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 22 December 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#3 lord inquisitor Iannise

lord inquisitor Iannise

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

I tried doing this with Arbitrator. It doesn't work. Not efficiently anyway. Perception is too expensive and Lore skills to sparse..

A Verispex Adept (BoJ) would be the easiest way to do this if you don't mind the fluff part.

A Cleric version (a la Name of the Rose) will also work, esp. with that background package from the IH, what's it called.

ya that's why i came here too many skills not enough ex :( 

i came to the conclusion that sherlock is a rank 23 greater daemon of tzeentch. so either buy Ascension and hope the adept 
is as overpowered as everything else or Home brew the **** out of it.

#4 lord inquisitor Iannise

lord inquisitor Iannise

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

Home brew ideas anyone?

#5 Braddoc

Braddoc

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

Verispex adept at rank 1, adept all the way; Sherlock Holmes is more of a perceptive know-it-all than anything real modern day sleuth an Arbitrator would be; the man can know which cigars someone smokes by the ash it leaves, 'pretty sure that would be an adept's job to know something as mundanely unimportant

• Rumil999 likes this

#6 lord inquisitor Iannise

lord inquisitor Iannise

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

Verispex adept at rank 1, adept all the way; Sherlock Holmes is more of a perceptive know-it-all than anything real modern day sleuth an Arbitrator would be; the man can know which cigars someone smokes by the ash it leaves, 'pretty sure that would be an adept's job to know something as mundanely unimportant

what book?

#7 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

what book?

Book of Judgement

#8 lord inquisitor Iannise

lord inquisitor Iannise

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

what book?

Book of Judgement

don't have that one yet why Verispex over a normal adept?

#9 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

what book?

Book of Judgement

Verispex Adepts are basically crime-scene investigators. It's an Alternate Career Rank that allows you to take up to four very cheap Scholastic Lores (100xp each), and have some really nice special Talents.

One of them allows you to take Intelligence for *any* Investigation Skill Check, and the other allows you to add half your unaugmented Intelligence Bonus and add it to the Degrees of Success of any Scholastic Lore check.

Also, it has one simply amazing Talent. For 500xp, you can pick up Talented (Scholastic Lore). This does not apply to a single Scholastic Lore - it applies to ALL Scholastic Lores at once. So that's a flat +10 to all Scholastic Lore checks you'll ever make.

That is all of course if you don't mind the fluff. A Verispex Adept are assumed to be part of the Adeptus Arbites, or at the very least attached to it. It can be taken as an Alternate Career Rank at any Rank, even the first Rank, which I would say would be the most appropriate, considering that this is likely something you would've been trained for within the Adeptus Arbites for a very long time.

Of course, you should take the Adept as a base Career for a Sherlockian character, without a doubt.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#10 lord inquisitor Iannise

lord inquisitor Iannise

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

what book?

Book of Judgement

Verispex Adepts are basically crime-scene investigators. It's an Alternate Career Rank that allows you to take up to four very cheap Scholastic Lores (100xp each), and have some really nice special Talents.

One of them allows you to take Intelligence for *any* Investigation Skill Check, and the other allows you to add half your unaugmented Intelligence Bonus and add it to the Degrees of Success of any Scholastic Lore check.

Also, it has one simply amazing Talent. For 500xp, you can pick up Talented (Scholastic Lore). This does not apply to a single Scholastic Lore - it applies to ALL Scholastic Lores at once. So that's a flat +10 to all Scholastic Lore checks you'll ever make.

That is all of course if you don't mind the fluff. A Verispex Adept are assumed to be part of the Adeptus Arbites, or at the very least attached to it. It can be taken as an Alternate Career Rank at any Rank, even the first Rank, which I would say would be the most appropriate, considering that this is likely something you would've been trained for within the Adeptus Arbites for a very long time.

Of course, you should take the Adept as a base Career for a Sherlockian character, without a doubt.

what if i don't have any Scholastic Lores does it count as trained if so i think this is just what i've been looking for :)       

#11 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

what if i don't have any Scholastic Lores does it count as trained if so i think this is just what i've been looking for :)

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are you asking if having the Talented (Scholastic Lores) makes you count as Trained in all Scholastic Lores?

If so, no. The only thing the Talented Talent does is give you +10 to the Skill you are Talented in, independent from any training or skill ranks.

In this case, it gives you +10 to all your Scholastic Lores, whereas Talented normally counts from only one skill or skill-ground at a time.

Edit: And it does not stack with itself. Having Talented (Scholastic Lore (Astromancy)) would not stack with the Talented (Scholastic Lores) granted by the special Talent available to the Verispex Adept. It is, however, extremely cheap at 500xp, since it essentially grants you Talented for all Scholastic Lores - of which Verispex Alone can give you 4 different ones at 100xp a piece.

Edited by Fgdsfg, 23 December 2013 - 07:29 PM.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#12 lord inquisitor Iannise

lord inquisitor Iannise

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:52 AM

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are you asking if having the Talented (Scholastic Lores) makes you count as Trained in all Scholastic Lores?

If so, no. The only thing the Talented Talent does is give you +10 to the Skill you are Talented in, independent from any training or skill ranks.

In this case, it gives you +10 to all your Scholastic Lores, whereas Talented normally counts from only one skill or skill-ground at a time.

Edit: And it does not stack with itself. Having Talented (Scholastic Lore (Astromancy)) would not stack with the Talented (Scholastic Lores) granted by the special Talent available to the Verispex Adept. It is, however, extremely cheap at 500xp, since it essentially grants you Talented for all Scholastic Lores - of which Verispex Alone can give you 4 different ones at 100xp a piece.

yes thats what i meant Fgdsfg.  :lol:

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS