Been playing a 3 player campaign recently and kicking the overlords ass on all but 1 expansion quest (playing the base game campaign with Trollfens + Lair of the wyrm expansions). Currently halfway through the interlude and its looking like its gonna be another win for the heroes. I put a lot of fatigue regeneration into the group so we look a little something like this:
Avric Albright - Disciple: Concentrates on getting all cards related to making the prayer of healing more powerful. Saved up to buy the 3xp card 'Holy Power' to heal 2 characters at once first, followed by buying cleaning touch. Armed with Iron Battleaxe.
Syndarael - Champion: Purchased 'A living legend' and Glory of the battle' to obtain as many champion tokens as possible. Next bought 'Stonic Resolve' for extra fatigue generations. If Syndareal does not move he also recovers 2 fatigue at the end of his turn. His hero ability allows him and one other hero in 3 spaces to perform a free move action each.
High Mage Quellen - Rune Master: Purchased Exploding rune after the first encounter, followed by Runic Sorcery. This guy dishes out a lot of damage ! Between his hero ability of recovering if a hero within 3 spaces has fatigue on his sheet, or 2 if he has fatigue tokens equal to his stamina it feels like he has a virtually endless supply of fatigue. His heroic ability is also very useful if somehow he is separated from the group and needs a blast of fatigue or more often needs a burst speed. He is armed with the starting rune Arcane Bolt sadly, however with runic knowledge, mana weave and the champion tokens even sucky rolls seem to turn into something half way decent. Sadly no runes have popped up to buy !
1) Between Syndareal's heroic and Quellens heroic, Quellen can move a maximum of 20 spaces and at the end of his turn he gets his fatigue back. This can be incredibly useful for some quest that require speed. It also leaves the mage waaay in front of the entire group so use with extreme caution
2) Fatigue regeneration in this group is insane, it feels like my rune caster never runs out of fatigue to spend.
3) The champions tokens rock, they do not feel like much to begin with but it certainly adds up. Especially when doing blast attacks, the blast gets an extra 1 damage per monster affected by the attack.
1) This group lacks awareness which can be a bit sucky, so try to avoid quests where this is necessary.
2) Quellens strength sucks, expect him to fail virtually all rolls made on his strength...
3) No one has 5 movement which can be a bit painful at times when heroic abilities have been blown.
4) In order to get 2 fatigue per turn, Quellen needs to be in range of someone with the appropriate fatigue level. He also needs to stand adjacent to the champion if he is to get stamina returned from the champions' stonic resolve' card.
Its been a lot of fun playing with this group after getting some xp together, would definitely recommend trying it.
Edited by BentoSan, 22 December 2013 - 06:07 AM.