DoS / DoF

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#221 cps

cps

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

You've mentioned Fate several times, cps, so I assume you approve of it?

This is a fairly interesting homebrew project: https://fate40k.obsi...page#onlycrunch

A little too much crunch for my taste, but Fate does seem to lend itself well to customization. I've yet to play my first Fate game (soon, though!), so can't say much to back that up.

Regrettably my group is resistant to change, so I've yet to play a FATE game IRL, despite owning the Legends of Anglerre book and several PDFs. It does a lot of things I approve of, though, and this 40k ruleset might work for us. Thanks.

We just wrapped up The Black Sepulchre in DH1 and I pushed to try something new. We're going to play either Microscope or Fiasco (neither of which I've played before) tonight as a one-shot, then probably switch to Edge of Empire next week. Turns out one of my players is a closeted Star Wars meganerd. If I play my cards right he'll want to GM and I can finally take a break from running games.

#222 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Good find! Very interesting indeed. I've seen another attempt to model DH with Strands of Fate previously, as well as a Fate Accelerated take on a Space Marine game, but this seems worth a look.

I'd probably go for a less crunchy variant myself, but still.

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS