Stuff My Brother Says

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

This is just sort of an honorable mention. I played my first tandem game with my brother, after MONTHS of begging and begging for him to play with me. He finally broke down and we played a game against Azathoth. He liked it enough when we won to want to play another, this time against a random AO (Eihort) and we are still waiting on the results for that game.

The reason for the thread is some of the stuff he said that made me realize just how FUNNY Lovecraft and AH can be when seen by an outsider to the Mythos. Here are a few of the comments he dropped while we were playing:

Situation: I had just been sent to the hospital after fighting three monsters in a row. While there, I got hit with an Encounter that drove me insane when I was grabbed by a not-quite-dead corpse. At the same time, my brother just entered his first otherworld.

Me: Well, I have to head to the Asylum now.

Brother: Great. So while I'm saving the world, you're licking doorknobs.

Situation: I had just gotten Jenny into the position of Deputy and explained the concept of 'First Citizen of Arkham'. When I mentioned that being deputy should count for something towards saving the world...

Me: Yeah, I've got more monster trophies, PLUS I'm Deputy of Arkham.
Brother: What's that get you?
Me: I get a gun I can't lose, a dollar every round and the Patrol Wagon.
Brother: That's not so great.
Me: I can go anywhere I want in Arkham without using movement points.

Brother: No, I mean, the wagon. It's just a little red wagon with a cardboard box on top. Your girl has to drag it to the top of the hill and ride it down the other side. -makes the 'Wee-Woo' siren noise- She only gets past the monsters cause they figure she's too pathetic looking in her little red wagon and paper star to try and stop her.

#2 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

Your brother should be a guest on History Today: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JN7y0Sb0s6Y

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

#3 jackman51

jackman51

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

Heck I have a few friends my age who say this stuff--at least it's not an age thing if that helps. Helps me that is :blink:

#4 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

Dr. Faust,

Great comments ~ I can't help but to retell the story of playing AH a few years ago and my brother, his girlfriend, and I managed to get mom to play.  After the second hour and a few glasses a wine, she turned to us and asked, "What do I need to roll to go to bed?"

Cheers,

Joe

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS