Future of D2E

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

Can anyone confirm that this product line has been a success? I certainly hope it is, but in Chicago, I am yet to meet anyone who has ever played it. A lot of the stores have it marked down by quite a bit. I'm hoping it's more popular in other markets. And Honestly, outside of Netrunner, I don't see a lot of FFG products getting played or talked about. Maybe these FFG games are played more behind closed doors in small groups?

so, I'm curious what any one else is hearing/seeing, because I want this game to be successful.

also...side note anyone in Chicago who wants to play, hit me up! Descent, Rune Age, Battlelore, Mansions of Madness, I'm in!

If you mean successful as in one day making it to a Toys'R'Us, or Target? No. Game has some flaws "out of the box". There is to much "is this card written right issues", to much "am I reading this right issues" with a lot of folks. There is speculation that the game is unbalanced (and some things have been rewritten (errata) because of it being a little strong (I don't however agree with it all). Game is fun though and most people who probably don't even get on BGG or this forum probably just wing it and ignor the wtf moments in their games. So I don't think it will be as big as Monopoly or chess for example.

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a game selling in a Toys'R'Us with so many expansions. Do they even do that?

Only place to probably see game played or even spoken of is hobby/game stores.

Sorry I don't live anywhere near their or I'd play it with you lol.

Edited by Silverhelm, 27 December 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#22 GalaxyUC

GalaxyUC

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

No, by successful I just meant is FFG making enough money to warrant a continuation of the product line. Which in the gaming industry means, breaking even. haha.

#23 Light Bright

Light Bright

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

No, by successful I just meant is FFG making enough money to warrant a continuation of the product line. Which in the gaming industry means, breaking even. haha.

We'll it is Descent 2.

#24 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

Then. Yes.

#25 griton

griton

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

Can anyone confirm that this product line has been a success? I certainly hope it is, but in Chicago, I am yet to meet anyone who has ever played it. A lot of the stores have it marked down by quite a bit. I'm hoping it's more popular in other markets. And Honestly, outside of Netrunner, I don't see a lot of FFG products getting played or talked about. Maybe these FFG games are played more behind closed doors in small groups?

so, I'm curious what any one else is hearing/seeing, because I want this game to be successful.

also...side note anyone in Chicago who wants to play, hit me up! Descent, Rune Age, Battlelore, Mansions of Madness, I'm in!

I think the big problem is that it's not really a good game for game-store play. It requires a decent amount of set up and space, plays better as a campaign, but isn't so hard core as other wargaming. Also, which Chicago stores are marking it down and are they also marking down expansions, or just the core set?

And where in Chicago are you? I might be interested in meeting up, but things have been pretty busy lately. 

#26 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

Wrecked my post - see next one.  ^_^

Edited by Robin, 30 December 2013 - 03:48 PM.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#27 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

It requires a decent amount of set up and space,

No pun intended ?  :D

• Kunzite likes this
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#28 GalaxyUC

GalaxyUC

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Chicagoland games, I picked it up for $65 there. A nice deal, but that is all.

I'm over by UIC, Little Italy area, though really, I have to say there's not much here that screams Italian

Edited by GalaxyUC, 30 December 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#29 noodles

noodles

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

Would it be possible to introduce a solo mode?

#30 Painless666

Painless666

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

also...side note anyone in Chicago who wants to play, hit me up! Descent, Rune Age, Battlelore, Mansions of Madness, I'm in!

Hi Galaxy
I'm out in the Western burbs and in a few gaming groups. None of which play Descent. Ever get out to Games Plus in Mt.Prospect?

#31 Light Bright

Light Bright

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

It requires a decent amount of set up and space,

No pun intended ?  :D

Huh?

#32 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

Lol

#33 GalaxyUC

GalaxyUC

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

I love games plus, but Mt Prospect is a haul for me, but...not impossible on a Friday Night, Saturday or Sunday.

I'm working on a Story/Event Fluff table over at BGG. I'm one of those Descent makes for an awesome plug n' play RPG more so than a strategic miniatures game, but I like winning as the OL every now and then. I also play mansions of madness!

At risk of hijacking this thread, feel free to reach out and contact me. Over at BGG you can Personal Message me. Here's a link to my thread...

http://www.boardgame...luff-and-intrig

everyone else, sorry about going off topic.

Hi Galaxy
I'm out in the Western burbs and in a few gaming groups. None of which play Descent. Ever get out to Games Plus in Mt.Prospect?

#34 Chrome

Chrome

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

Would it be possible to introduce a solo mode?

They just introduced co-op play (no Overlord) in the game night kits. Rumor is they quests will be available after the kit is pulled from rotation, so they'll be available for sale, and no reason why you couldn't play solo, controlling 4 heroes. Of course it isn't the same as a campaign, but I'd be surprised if rules for those aren't on the horizon.

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4582

#35 kuffdaddy

kuffdaddy

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

I'd love to see some 3-D terrain similar to the furniture used in Hero Quest (MB Games). The combination of plastic and cardboard made the HeroQuest items gave those items a very nice feel and longevity - compared with e.g. purely cardboard 3-D terrain used by D&D (Wizards of the Coast).

I just started building my d1e 3d dungeon when second Ed was announced so I have it 1/3 of the way completed and saw that Hirst arts came out with an inn acc. Mold and good lord can't wait to order it and make an inn for my heroes to slug it out in throw some random villagers in to complicate things. Think I will finish painting a tile or two

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS